“Really good business hotel”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #59 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 March 2015

I stayed in a Mira Suite with views over the park. It was a good size room, very clean and well appointed. The view was nothing special but better than a view over the noise open air bar or one that looked at the back of the building.

The club lounge was very convenient and a nice quiet place for breakfast and to catch up on work between meetings.

The hotel was very well located on Nathan Road. Close to the subway and very easy to get around - even to HK Island by taxi is easy from here.

One of the better business hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2015

Dear gwerdna
Thanks very much for your wonderful review. It's great to know how much you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel while on business. I hope to welcome you back very soon!
Warm wishes
Gerhard Aicher

Write a ReviewReviews (3,117)

Reviewed 10 March 2015

I stayed at the Mira Hong Kong Hotel with my 10-year-old son. EVERYTHING about our stay at the Mira was amazing: the one-bedroom suite, the club floor breakfasts, the indoor swimming pool and exercise facilities, and the wonderful service from all of the hotel staff!

Room Tip: I upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. The additional space is great!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Jeffrey L
Thanks so much for your amazing review. I am thrilled to learn that you and your son were so pampered in our Mira Club. I truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!
Kind regards

Reviewed 9 March 2015

I stayed at the Mira for business for 3 nights. I stayed in a City Room which had great facilities.
Each room had a Samsung Galaxy which we could use for unlimited internet, local and international calls which we could also take out of the hotel....This was extremely handy!

Great location off Nathan road and only a short walk to Harbour City. Breakfast buffet was great and dinner buffet was good too!

However during my stay there was a function on the top floor 2 nights in a row....my room was 1 floor beneath and I could not sleep! Functions did not finish until 1am...There was also no warning these functions were occurring and that the noise would be extremely loud, had I had known I would of requested a room down on a lower level.

The bed I had was extremely squeaky...eveytime I moved the noise of the squeaky bed would wake me!

Needless to say I did not get much sleep during my stay!

Overall though it was a great hotel, just needs the above improvements.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are less noisy!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Dear Pris_69
Thanks so much for your kind review. First of all, I would like to apologize for the unfortunate experience and the disturbance you have encountered during your stay with us. Please be assured that we have embarked on an on-going room enhancement program to solve the noise issue and to maintain our rooms and facilities. I am confident that you will experience an ultimately much more improved level of service during your next visit. On the other hand, I am glad that you enjoyed our facilities and buffet at Yamm. Hope to see you again and please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I may assist you with.
Best regards

Reviewed 9 March 2015

We stayed at the Mira Hong Kong for three nights in February. The Hotel is very modern, with lovely bathroom, comfortable beds with nice linens and a great amenity, a Mobile Phone for your use while you are staying at the hotel. You are allowed to call anywhere in the world! We used the phone for making reservations and finding our way about the city. The staff at the was very helpful with suggestions for what to do and see. The hotel is connected via a bridge with the mall across the street where there is a Starbucks conveniently located for a morning shot of coffee. The hotel is within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, the metro and the Star Ferry. I gave it four stars only because there no views from either inside or outside rooms. The hotel is on the Kawloon side of the city.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are very quiet but offer no view
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2015

Dear PDS591
Thank you for your positive review. I am so happy that you truly enjoyed your time with us in Hong Kong and that you were able to take advantage of all the amenities we have on offer. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best wishes

Reviewed 8 March 2015

I selected this hotel because two year ago i had stay here one day for CityView Room with very good atmosphere. This year, i book the same type with HotelClub in three months before i went to stay here. However, when i check in first day the room was so average, no bath pool and the room was so old. I would like to change the room but the reception say no more room for this day, so i had to stay at this room for one day. The second and third day, i can change to the new room but the room was not so nice comparing to the room i stayed two year ago. The very bad feeling is that the noice from the ceiling was so loud in the morning. The sound is about the footstep of some people continuously. Next time, i have to think again for this hotel. It maybe cause by i did not reserved direct to the hotel website.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear WisuwatT
Thanks for your review. Please accept my apology for not reaching your expectations during your recent stay with us. Great to learn that you enjoyed so much in the Parkview Room we offered you on your previous visit. However, I am sorry that the City Room you booked was not to your liking and please be assured that we have updated your room preferences to serve you better in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may assist with your future reservations and I hope to see you back soon!
Kind regards