3,434 results
All reviews cuisine cuisine a park view room nathan road kowloon park design hotel mobile phone high tech indoor pool steam room knutsford terrace pillow menu club floor international calls in tsim sha tsui nathan rd rain shower excellent hotel
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The location of this hotel (in Kowloon) is excellent. Very close to metro station, a relaxing park and, of course, shops, markets and more shops! We were there for nearly two weeks and were very well looked after by the staff. The [standard] rooms are small but very well designed. Buffet breakfast and dinner the best we've experienced, and the Spa area with Infinity pool and gym is luxurious and peaceful. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the internal courtyard probably quieter than those facing road
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PB60
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Now this was an unexpected visit to Hong Kong for us. The Dragonair flight we were on was over 3 hours late which meant that we missed our connecting Cathay Pacific flight to London. Cathay / Dragonair put us up here for the night or so we thought. We arrived at the hotel at 3am only to find that Cathay/Dragonair had not as we were told made reservations for 2 rooms for us. As you can imagine not a good start but not the hotels fault. The night staff were very good and smoothed over the cracks and found us two rooms very quickly. So what of the hotel. Well if its intention was to be different and leaving a lasting impression then it did just that. The decor is very modern with lots of dark glass and high tech gadgets. Some were a little confusing at 3am in the morning and the low ceilings on the room floors (if you are over 6'3" you may have to bend down in the corridors). The rooms we got were a little small with just enough room for the bed and some walk space around it but the bed was very comfortable and the attention to detail very high. Lights go on and off slowly, large flat screen tvs, ipod docking stations, mobile phones attached to your room and other techy bits that we didn't get to use all add to the experience. The hotel is situated just off Nathan Road so ideally placed for both shopping and the metro. Staff were very attentive and polite and the breakfast selection what you would expect from a hotel of this standard. The Mira seems to have made an effort to stand out from the crowd and personally i think it has achieved this. On previous visits to Hong Kong we have stayed at the Peninsula and the Intercontinental, is this as good well they all have their own strengths but this is certainly a competitor that they need to keep an eye on. Would i stay again...if i thought i would be able to get a slightly bigger room most certainly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Northantstoanywhere
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stayed for two days (one night) at the Mira in Hong Kong. The Hotel's decor and ambiance is very modern and the rooms are very high-tech, really nice! The Hotel is located in Kowloon right on Nathans Road, Hong Kong's bussiest are for shopping. You will find plenty of jewelry stores, fine watches and electroncis for blocks and blocks! The hotel staff was very corteous, specially the concierge. I really enjoyed the complimentary mini-bar in the room (drinks only).

Room Tip: Garden view rooms have nicer views than city view rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aggiecane
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Small rooms, many without a bath. No bar service in the pool area. Good location. Still has construction noise in the mornings. Mixed levels of service from the staff. Good place to stay once finnished providing the price comes down.

Room Tip: Be careful of corner rooms. Many are small and without proper bathrooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

I'm typing up this review as I lay on the bed here at the Mira. It's 2 in the morning and I'm still wide awake, all because I chose to pay extra to upgrade to this "Courtyard Room" which turns out to be a crappy decision.

This is my second time staying at The Mira, the last time I got bumped to a suite for free and I had nothing but love for the hotel, which was why this time I went for a little extra when choosing my room type to get up to a Courtyardl Room, one of the better room type available on its reservation.

Turns out, my room is RIGHT ABOVE the courtyard, so at night it turns into a outdoor club, and I had to put up with bass-heavy club beats up to 12:20am.
What's worse is that my room is at the end of the hall, right besides the stairwell to the courtyard, so after the music was faded, I had to put up with latenight drinkers shuffling their feet up and down the stairs, all right next to the wall where my pillows are...

I'm not intending on spoiling other people's fun at enjoying these party gatherings, as I'd often do when I'm in my hometown, it's just that these noises and disturbances really weren't what I was expecting when I opted for the Courtyard Room, so much for such comfy bedsheets and fluffy pillows then. And thus I couldn't help wonder if the noise from 6 storeys under would have been more tolerable had I just went for a regular Street Room in the first place.

I'm still enjoying the facilities, nice water pressure from the shower, kind front desk receptionist... I'd imagine myself coming back again, but I sure won't put my money on the better room type anymore.

• Stayed: May 2012