Island Pacific Hotel
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$966
US$244
US$205
Regalhotel.com
  • Restaurant
Panda Hotel(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$668
US$596
US$959
US$672
InterContinental
US$902
US$785
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$708
US$643
TripAdvisor
1,866 results
All reviewssai ying punmtr stationdried seafoodharbour viewtram stopsheung wanfree shuttlecircle kmacau ferry terminalfloor to ceiling windowsairport expresscentral districtoctopus cardoutdoor poolshuttle servicepublic transportstandard room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We travelled to hong kong in November and stayed at this hotel. We knew it wasn't central but it was in a charming traditional area with good transport links nearby. There is a team stop outside the hotel and costs $1.60 hk for a journey. The mtr station is only 10- 15 mins walk away but often we just kept walking to central in the mornings in order to take in the atmosphere. The hotel runs a good shuttle service but it finishes early evening. Plenty circle k and seven eleven stores nearby to stock up on essentials. Also many laundries nearby that offer great service at cheap prices! Never use the hotel laundry! We found out on our last day that the hotel actually used the laundry we did but charged through the nose. We paid 20 dollars for full bag of washing! The concierge staff were excellent and always able to help and give advice. We found the reception staff we dealt with a bit aloof. When we checked in we mentioned that we had liked the hotel on the Facebook book in order to receive free breakfast. The person didn't really listen so we asked someone else later and were told just to sign anyway. We were still charged for breakfast despite all this but it was refunded eventually! The reception area of the hotel had an overwhelming perfumed scent probably due to the dried seafood in the area round about which incidentally isn't bad at all. Rooms were compact but clean with excellent shower and comfy bed. Free wi- fi always a bonus. Will definetly be back

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank flufster
Reviewed 23 January 2012

booked my room thru asia rooms stating that i wanted wan chai my fault should have checked location
but i was so pleased when i checked in 25 floor room over looking the harbour stunning
staff where so helpfull cleaned my room after 6pm
when i checked out at 1pm left my luggage with them collected my bags at 6pm asked doorman to get me a cab after 20 mins could,nt get one so hotel supplied me with a free lift to central station
if i ever return to hong kong this is the only place i will stay
hope they read this and i wish all the staff a happy new year

Room Tip: ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank aadams6850
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel during Chinese New Year. It's located within 5 minutes taxi ride from Central (costs about HKD 24.00 by taxi). However, the hotel run a shuttle between the hotel and central/HK station/admiralty every 30 minutes. So, we almost never needed a taxi when we had to commute to the MTR. Free WiFi connection is really good.
The hotel staff set very high expectations for customer service right from the minute we checked in. I had wrong information about the hotel shuttle service and hence missed it when I arrived in the HK station. So, took a taxi to the hotel. Surprisingly, the front desk refunded me the taxi fare when I casually mentioned them that I couldn't find the shuttle at the station. (remember, I didin't even ask for the taxi fare becoz the mistake was partially mine).

The cafereria is really nice and deccently priced; a la carte breakfast costs from $75- 100 HKD and a buffet cost about HKD 140...

I stayed in a superior sea view room. The room was compact, but convenient for two people. This place is slightly more expensive than a budget hotel; but its worth every penny.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arunprasad85
Reviewed 22 January 2012

First of all, I love the location. I always stay in this area when I visit HongKong; It has a lot more charm and a more genuine Chinese atmosphere than Central or other parts. The tram station is right outside the hotel, you should not visit HongKong without taking a ride on a tram! It is such a nice way to travel, and only costs about 2 HKD. The ride to central takes about 5-10 minutes.
The hotel was surprisingly good, small but sufficient. Clean bathroom, comfortable bed, lots of international TV-channels. The difference is in the small details which I really appreciated; docking station for Iphone, free and really good wifi, and excellent service.

I will recommend this hotel to my friends and I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I am almost every month for a couple of days in Hong Kong. I have been staying in the Island Pacific already very often.
pros:
Rooms modern, clean, size is OK, not huge but definitely above Hong Kong average.
Ask for the harbor view and high floors. fantastic panorama view over to Kowloon.
Nice restaurant in house, Room service working well until very late. Bar is small but nice.
Many restaurants in walking distance.
Staff is very friendly, service flawless, Wifi free and speedy.

cons:
a bit off the track, but convenient shuttle service or HKD 30 to MTR stations.
price is quite volatile. Booking directly over hotel web page is too expensive.
Best rates from Agoda etc, and best in advance, then nice prices.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors, harbor view, most floors are non smoking. Smoking floor is really smelly, better avoid.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business