Just returned from 3 week trip to China, finished up in Hong Kong. I read about other client comments regarding hotel being "dated;" well, it is not - the decor is perfect with the style and ambience expected of a grand hotel in Hong Kong - if you want modern plastic furniture, synthetic carpets, go elsewhere - you will be disappointed in the solid Asian wood decorations (in the lobby and your room), magnificent chandeliers, marble fountain, and colorful hand woven rugs. Yes, the staff is old-fashioned (thank goodness!) - they are magnificent! - They will spoil you to no end! You stop in the lobby and two will immediately come over and ask to help you - the check in staff is quick, knowledgeable, and always ready to respond to to you; the Concierge Desk is - well -overwhelming helpful. Just ask for Jorie, Billy or Kobe who will handle ANYTHING for you! I had an issue with a hotel policy and was upset and ready to complain to the manager, but Kobe listened, smiled and solved the matter quickly. Billy drew maps for us and gave advice on the Metro and Taxi use - Jorie gave welcome advice on shopping, eating out, going places, and life itself - all with a smile and graciousness that made you want to stay and talk (we did). And that buffet Breakfast - do not go to it to lose weight! It IS the best in Hong Kong - see for yourself. The rooms and bath are large, well appointed and well serviced. Nice location for walking around and shopping (3 blocks from Nathan Road ) and walking to the night light show.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong