Recently spent a week at this hotel at the Harbourview Room. It wasn't cheap but was the best value I could find for a room with a view of the famous HK skyline.
The view, stretching from the west of HK Island to about the Admiralty area, was spectacular and allowed us to watch the Symphony of Lights show from our room. We could also see the highest building in HK, ICC, from the bed, and watch all the harbour activity with the Star Ferry pier and cruise ship pier directly below the hotel.
The room itself was very spacious by any standard, clean, refurbished with new and spotless carpet, quality furniture and bedding. It was very comfortable with all the amenities, except for an iron, needed for a hotel stay. Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, toothbrush/paste, etc) were replenished daily. The towels were fluffy, water pressure sufficient, bathrobes and slippers provided. The large flat-screen TV had an extensive selection of channels. Turndown service was provided nightly. The wi-fi is free throughout the hotel, the signal in the room was strong.
The location of the hotel is simply unbeatable, just steps away from the Avenue of Stars, Star Ferry terminal, buses, money changers (Chungking Mansions), restaurants, bars with views (at the Intercontinental, the Peninsula, One Peking Road, etc), shops, shops and more shops. It is near an MTR stop but involves a long walk, including an underground passage. The K2 Airport Express (AE) shuttle bus stops at the hotel or otherwise it is only a HK$30 taxi ride to Kowloon AE station for the ride to the airport.
Our room rate did not provide for breakfast, so we had it outside the hotel. The adjacent Star House has a McCafe, Starbucks and Cafe de Coral (local fast food place). We usually caught a Star Ferry to Central and had breakfast at the IFC mall's (SimplyLife) - preferred it for the view and less hectic atmosphere.
The service on all occasion that we requested was excellent, polite and very prompt. Went to the pool once just before it closed for maintenance. Again, service poolside was great, with warm drinking water (it was a bit chilly outside), fresh apples and newspapers provided. We did not experience any queues at check-in or check-out but sometimes we would see queues in the lobby.
One negative about the hotel was the lobby - small size, a lack of sufficient seating (the few seats that were there were always occupied) and a very strong smell of piped perfume. Couldn't imagine spending a lot of time in the lobby as I'd get a headache pretty quickly because of this overpowering scent.
Overall, a great choice and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the spectacular Victoria Harbour, the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel is located along Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, at the heart of the city's busiest commercial, shopping and business hub. The Star Ferry and Hong Kong's cruise terminal are at your footstep, while shopping is right next door with the hotel forming part of Harbour City - Hong Kong's largest shopping complex. Guests enjoy easy access to the area's major tourist attractions like Kowloon Park, Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong Space Museum and Hong Kong Cultural Centre. After an exciting day of sightseeing or business meetings, settle into one of the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel's 665 guestrooms and suites while staying connected via the complimentary Wi-Fi internet service, which is now fully up and running throughout the hotel, or catch up with the latest blockbuster from the wide selection of movies while enjoying the hotel's In-room Dining service. For guests preferring the exclusive comfort and personalised service of The Continental Club, our designated guest floors come with unparalleled benefits that have become hallmarks of the Marco Polo hospitality. In a city known as the 'Culinary Capital of Asia', the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel features three of Hong Kong's most renowned restaurants and bars, to include Cucina which features Italian open kitchen, all-day international cuisine at Cafe Marco, and the Rum Bar at Lobby Lounge - conferred the Guinness World Record for "Bar with the World's Largest Selection of Commercially Available Rums." Whether you are looking to plan your dream wedding or the perfect corporate meeting, our 14 state-of-the-art function rooms will meet your every need. The built-in audio-visual facilities of the function rooms on sixth level provide the ideal setting for small- to medium-sized events. The Centenary Ballroom at lobby level is the perfect balance between elegance and intelligent architecture, where clients can transfer even the biggest display materials easily due to the ballroom's unique lobby level access. Stay connected with family, friends, and workplace from our Connect Lounge. Take a dip in our pool to unwind after a long day out, or do a quick workout at the gym. Better still, indulge in some retail therapy at the adjacent Harbour City shopping mall which is the ultimate destination for shopping, dining and entertainment with over 450 shops that feature the world's leading brands. Enjoy your journey in Hong Kong to the fullest with a handy, a complimentary smartphone for travellers with the power to keep guests totally connected while exploring the city. Built-in benefits include unlimited 3G mobile internet, unlimited local calls, Wi-Fi hotspot and tethering, dining and city guide and exclusive ticketing offers. Staying at the Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel gives you the perfect blend of warm Asian hospitality and a central location with its convenient access to Kowloon and Hong Kong. Hotel note: In our effort to continually provide a top quality environment for our guests at Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel, a hotel exterior upgrading programme will be carried out in phases, from Mondays to Saturdays between 9am and 6pm, with expected completion in the second quarter of 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marco Polo Hongkong
- Marco Polo Hotel Hong Kong
- Marco Polo Hongkong Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Marco Polo Hotel