There are several hotels and hostels in and around Tsim Sha Shui. If you're looking for a place that has clean (as in spotless!) and cosy rooms and a place near the shops, then Homy Inn would be a good choice. This Inn/hostel is less than a year old, so it was no surprise that the place looked and felt new.
The Tsim Sha Shui branch has rooms in two buildings - Windsor Mansion (5/F) and Union Mansion (6/F). Some people might get lost when looking for the hotel as the address says Chatham Road South because the main reception area is on a mini street just off the main road - Hart Avenue. (Best to google map it in advance - big help).
1. Location - located just a quick 5-minute walk from the nearest MTR entrance (Tsim Sha Shui East - which connects to the main Tsim Sha Shui station) and just across the street from the A21 bus stop. A 5-minute walk from Nathan road as well, which is a good thing - near the shops, but away from all the noise and traffic if you stay on Nathan road. (If you arrive past midnight and take the N21 from the airport to Homy Inn, you'll have to get off Nathan Road (near Middle or Mody Road).
2. Sleep - bed sheets they use are the ones you'd find in 5-star hotels. You won't read any reviews about and bed bugs or stained sheets as the sheets here are fluffy, new and clean as ever..! I went in winter so nights were warm thanks to them. You'll sleep like a log.
3. Room amenities - like the bed sheets, this place has room amenities you won't find at other hostels. Sure you'll pay a tad more, but it just makes the entire stay more cosy and convenient - complete with daily complimentary coffee/tea; an electric kettle, hair dryer, power extension with converters, slippers, towels, tissue, toothbrush/paste and bath gel and shampoo.
4. Service/staff - we stayed in Windsor Mansion which is across the street from the main check-in area. the staff were accommodating. We arrived past 1am in the morning and they were there to greet us and take us to our room. They were also very quick to reply to my email when asking about room rates. They didn't have a family room (1 double and 1 single bed) available so they offered the bigger room (with 2 double beds) with a slight discount. They were quick to provide info on places to eat and activities to do. Maps are available at the inn as well (if you weren't able to get them at the airport).
Things to note:
- Wi-fi - the internet connection was fast but only on a Samsung phone. We informed the staff that our other phones couldn't connect to the wifi. (There is a computer in one of the reception areas should you need to surf the internet, and free printing if you need it).
- Rooms - be ready to live in 'Hong kong-sized' rooms - small for global standards but normal for local standards so don't complain. (Note though I've read that the beds are small if you're over 6ft tall). If you want space, you'll have to go to a hotel. And pay extra, most likely.
- No common room/lobby - not something really needed given that a) you'll already have what you need in the room and b) you'll be out most of the time and will barely be in the hotel since there's so much to do in HK!
- Elevators- unlike some hostels, the lift/elevators are 24/7 so won't have to ever take the stairs (esp. when you have luggage)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.