“Very Good Dim Sum”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mong Kok
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Came here on a Friday night, waited about 30 mins before seated. While we are waiting , we already filled out our food order. The dim sums came about 5 mins once we seated. The Dim sums were very good, it's almost the same caliber as Tim Ho Wan's Dim Sum. The price was very reasonable. The only complaint is the seating were very tight, the people next to us can heard everything we said.

1  Thank Castle88
Write a ReviewReviews (2,009)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were in HK for a couple of days and since my parents are picky eaters, I was afraid they wouldn't enjoy the food. I didn't have to worry as we ended going to One Dim Sum for lunch entire time we were in HK.

We went early so we didn't wait in line for very long; maybe 20 minutes was the longest we have to wait? In any case, waiting was helpful because we are a rather indecisive family when it comes to food. While waiting, we were given a menu and an order sheet where we could just select each item we wanted. When our table was ready, they sat us down and took our order sheet.

The food came fast and steaming hot. My parents loved the pork wrapped in bean curds as well as their Ma La Gao; my sister and I loved everything we ordered.

The space is rather cramped and you may have to share a table with strangers, but it has a charming atmosphere. The service is good enough; some servers are nicer than others, but the maitre d's are all very friendly.

As the space is small and there is constantly a line outside, it's not the place to sit there idly, chit-chatting after finishing your meal. When you're done, they would appreciate it if you just paid and left :) Overall, it was great and I would definitely revisit if I go to HK again.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

A good introduction to Dimsums in HK for visitors. The place is quite small and packed and one might have to wait during peak times. Also when it gets crowded, people have to share tables. However all this is minor inconvenience for the fantastic food. The steamed dumplings, the rice rolls everything is good. They also have the menu in english and are happy to help the tourists!

2  Thank rbsing
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Local dim sum at its best! If you're expecting a big expansive restaurant and 5* personalised service this isnt for you. But if you want to eat some tasty dim sum at incredibly low local prices, with minimal wait, and quick service this is for you. We queued outside on a Sunday afternoon for around 10 mins whilst we made our orders, then once inside, had drink (chinese tea) within 2 mins, and food within 5 mins. The food came at a sensible pace rather than all at once.
I would recommend the congee (comes big enough for 2 to share) and then some dim sum to go with it! For 2 people, congee and 4 other dishes with the tea came to $102HKD. All amazing quality food. A must visit, and a 5 min walk from Prince Edward MTR station.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We were in lunch time so was waiting in queue around 15 min. Place is rather small and crowded. But it is clean and staff are speaking English. They have picture menu in many languages. Food is good, especially spring rolls and dumplings. I can recommend this place for those who want to try traditional food.

1  Thank annatilia