“$130 for a lunch set, worth for a try”
Review of Ginza Kaguraya

Ginza Kaguraya
Ranked #2,312 of 11,792 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Tai Fat Hau
Neighbourhood: Tai Fat Hau
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Their lunch sets mostly consist of udon and sushi sets, and you can choose the combo that you want. I personally like the set of a beef udon and 5 pieces of sushi. The set is adequate for a girl but might not be that enough for a man. Else, the price is quite high for around $130 per set. Worth for a try but will not go too often becos of the price.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

After all the Chinese cuisine we wanted Japanese food. Also we didn't want to walk to far from our hotel so we ended up here. The sushi was good but we didn't want to have all you can eat but with two little children you don't wander around. So we stayed and it was fine but nothing special. Rather on the higher end but if you eat enough it's ok.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

I had dinner twice in this Japanese restaurant and in both occasions I was served great food. I came back because I was willing to try several dishes without the pressure of a business dinner. It was 21.45 when I got out of the lift at the entrance of the restaurant. I waited for 10 minutes at the reception desk without anyone paying attention to me. The lady ( in the picture ) at the reception desk was standing in front of me talking on the phone ... the fact is that she was speaking about her private affairs and when disappointed I starting starring at her she stepped back hiding from my sight. Finally a waiter stopped by and asked me : " Do you need anything sir " ? I replied : " Yes, I would like to have dinner ". He said : " It's late but ... I guess we can manage for the last order ". After two minutes the phone lady came and she told very impolitely : " Sorry but restaurant is closed ". Totally crazy after I had been standing for 20 minutes !!! I hope direction will take action against her shameful behaviour.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

There's not much character, it can get noisy and the air-con is like Hokkaido in winter but it's clean and offers filling set lunches for HKD 100-150. There are several pages to choose from, with all sorts of combinations of sushi, sashimi, tempura, udon etc., including a scoop of ice-cream and tea or coffee. They also take bookings at lunchtime, which is a plus in Wan Chai.

Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

This is becoming a regular for lunch and dinner when I'm in HK. Its no frills but good quality. Speedy and friendly service, and a really great selection. If you are a solo traveller or with friends it offers great value for money.

1  Thank Gordon W