“Good local pastry”

Ranked #6 of 65 Quick Bites in Hong Kong
Neighbourhood: Yuen Long
Neighbourhood: Yuen Long
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I, bought "love letters" and fresh pastries, like wives cakes, red bean cakes, green bean cakes and roast pork pastry. They were all very well made and delicious. I guess their wives cakes is the best of all.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 11 December 2015

My favourite bakery in Hong Kong. Used to have only 2 outlets which was not so accessible. They have finally opened new outlet in Mongkok area. Service was not bad taking into consideration that customer service in Hong Kong are usually poor. They also provide plastic bag if you buy a few boxes so not to worry if you forget your shopping bag.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Hazel_Tay
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

I normally don't like Chinese bakery, but this is an exemption. I've never heard of Hang Hueng shop before. I just walked by and the smell of fresh baked Chinese pastries lured me into the store. I picked out 2 pieces , one was a barbecue pork pie, the other was a pastry with bean and salted egg yolk filling. Took them to the hotel for a late night snack accompanied a cup of tea. The next day I went back and bought 4 boxes, with six pieces each of different filling,including their famous "wife cake ". I carefully carried them back home for my family and friends to enjoy them too.
The pastries have very thin and flaky crust. The fillings are just about right. Not too bland,not too sweet. All I can say is that they are so good!

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

The famous wife biscuit and other equally tasty traditional biscuits outlets new locations - Sogo moved to 8 - 12E Carnarvon Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, Nantan Road moved to 45A Dundas Road in Mongkok. Happy buying.

Date of visit: November 2015
19  Thank lsg181
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We were in Yuen Long to have afternoon tea yesterday and we thought we should pay a visit to Hang Heung Cake Shop as it is so famous in Hong Kong. We found the shop along Main Road, Yuen Long without difficulty. Other than the renowned wife cakes, I would like to recommend the sweet banana rolls (so soft and tender), as well as their mini ginger preserved egg cakes (yummy and unique)!

Date of visit: October 2015