“Do yourself a favour!”

Ranked #4 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Austria
“Do yourself a favour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This hotel exceeded ALL of our expectations. (Couple in our 40's)

We just LOVED the design - it's not often you find a hotel in the middle of a busy city with such generous use of space in the public areas. Our room size was more than adequate and space cleverly used. The attention to detail and design is too expansive to start listing here. It's just.....top!

The fab view from The ICON gym could convince even Homer Simpson into jumping onto an exercise bike! In the (heated) pool you feel like the HK skyline is at your fingertips!

Staff are very perceptive and the hotel's care for late-departing guests is second to none. That, for us, left a great impression.

Recommendation: Friday night dinner in The Market restaurant where the head chef turns a 40 kilo whole tuna into sashimi right before our eyes. Excellent! The whole buffet can be recommended. And we normally aren't particularly 'fans' of buffet dining.

Well done Hotel Icon. Keep up the excellent work. Next time we're back in funky HK we'll DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,503)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here on my own recently to unwind after running the Hong Kong Marathon, needed a place where you could just spend the whole day in case the muscles didn't recover soon enough. I read the rave reviews on ICON, saw good rates vs other 5-star properties in HK, and decided to give them a go. I'm very happy I did!

+ great customer service. Felt really well looked after, check in was really smooth
+ lounge/bar on the top floor was comfortable and drinks were good :-)
+ the room, I took the standard one, was already huge for HK standards. Bathroom with walk-in shower was really good!
+ 'rooftop' pool on the 9th floor - so not completely the roof, but the pool was clean and heated and did give a lovely view of the skyline
+ free wifi that worked well
+ breakfast buffet selection was good and of good quality but expensive (I only sat there once)

- it's about 10-15 min. walk from central Tsim Sha Tsui, so not the most central hotel. The hotel mentions that Hung Hom MTR station is closest, however this station does not offer the best connections. You're better off making the longer walk to TST MTR for connections with other parts of Kowloon and HK Island.
- the gentleman at checkout got pretty worried when I casually asked about travel times to the airport via different options, as I aimed to be there 1,45hrs before my short flight. Luckily I know HK very well so I was very relaxed, but I guess it would've freaked me out if I didn't know better. My advice: stay calm :-)
- I always mention this regardless of the hotel, but I do think asking the equivalent of €20+ for breakfast is a big minus. I'll state the reasons again: 1. you pay enough as it is for a room in such a hotel to expect a better priced morning service, 2. it's wasteful - because many people choose to eat at other places instead, a lot of food gets chucked away and I'm sure there aren't too many hotels who donate their unwanted food to the homeless just yet, 3. if it were say up to €12 a day for such a breakfast, I and many people I know would much quicker decide to have breakfast at the hotel, meaning a larger profit for the hotel...right? This is not so much a minus directly aimed at ICON but all hotels that still charge silly prices.

Would I stay here again? I'd definitely have it in my permanent list of preferred HK hotels!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed in Hotel Icon from Feb 17-21 in the 19th floor facing the harbor. This time we chose to stay away from TST West. Hotel Icon was a fabulous find. The distance to TST West is not a problem if one loves to walk and is familiar with the pedestrian subway to Nathan Road. Otherwise they offer a free shuttle to the TST West. Harbor view is magnificent especially at night. Service and staff are one of the best so far. Breakfast has a good spread with good choices. Bedrooms are modern and clean with comfortable bed and pillows. Bathroom is the best, I love the huge rain shower. Overall, Hotel Icon lives up to its fabulous rating.

Room Tip: Harbor view is a good choice. Request one from the upper floors where the view is magnificent at nig...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

The hotel Icon was our special treat at the end of a month travelling, and it was a great choice. The rooms were comfortable, the staff attentive, the breakfasts - amazing choice. We also ate in the Above and Beyond restaurant which was a bit disappointing for such a great hotel, although the view from here is fab. Our flight home was not until very late and the facilities available to us through the lounge showed that the hotel really does understand the needs of their guests; we were able to shower, change, relax, get a bite to eat in comfortable surroundings, before we left for the airport, nice and refreshed. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angela D
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Finally a HK modern treasure that was actually designed with the traveller's needs in mind, not just srtyle without substance; an ellgant modern style that is as warm as the staff! The amenities for the Club Floor are worth the extra dollars. V[ews of the harbour, funky ultra modern showers and tubs with mirored TV's, enough surface area and storage drawers and closet space for two persons for a lengthy stay. We will make this our stop over point for all our future SE Asia travels.