“Stay at T Hotel”
Review of The T Hotel

The T Hotel
Ranked #9 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

This is the second time we have been able to stay at the T hotel in HongKong and like the first time it was a great experience. The service is exceptional and all students are trying very hard to assist in any way they can. The rooms are 5 star and have the best view. We will definitely stay here again, if there is 'room in the inn'.
Also we were very pleased to have a local handy with Internet access available during our stay and being able to make local phone calls has been very much appreciated. It made organising our outings so much easier.
We also had dinner in the restaurant which was well presented and very tasty.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Staying here is a great experience. The students and their tutors are welcoming and friendly nothing is too much trouble. Our room was spacious, comfortable and offered everything a 5 star hotel does including a TV in the bathroom. The breakfast was fresh and delicious as were the evening meals we enjoyed at the hotel. The hotel is a bus ride from the center but well served by various buses. I wouldn't stay anywhere else now. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Room with a river view, A10 direct airport bus stop 26 is right outside hotel
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holiday24081949
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I booked several rooms in Hong Kong for my stay in the beginning of October 2017. But searching on TripAdvisor I found this hotel with nearly perfect feedback. I gave it a try.

This is a school, the people working there are students that learn about the hospitality business. So the small things I mention are not a let down.

First impression of the hotel was not good. The hotel is situated outside Hong Kong i a concrete building that seems to be typical for the area. That impression changes as soon as you have found the entrance and the reception. I just say inner values. :) Connectivity is great. There are a lot of buses directly in front of the hotel to everywhere would want to go. And it is outside downtown Hong Kong - you don't feel the hassle there. More relaxing!

The staff was very formal, friendly and helpful. One remark is, that the deposit of 500 HKD a night will be charged on your card or you have to pay cash on your arrival. That should be information on the homepage. It ripped a hole in my funds for the trip.
But the service was great. They go out of their way to be as professional as possible. I should send a lot of Norwegian hotel workers here - they could learn a thing or ten...

The room was great and big. Very nice. All clean and nothing left out. And what a view I had (room 615)... Big shower, bath tub (with TV), minibar, telephone, TV, Remote control at the bed for everything, working table, mobile phone to use while there and and and.

Breakfast was Ok. You get the great service again. The students rush to help you every time you try to sit down. Coffee is served at the table, the omelette was great. This maybe not the same western breakfast one is used to, but I got everything I needed. Even some Chinese dishes, fresh fruit salad and more.

I tried the room service several times. They serve nice food for reasonable prices. Very good service of the students. There could be some more consistency on how things are presented and what is included in the meal (one time pasta with parmesan, one time without, missing napkins - small things).

The room was cleaned every day and every day I found some fresh chocolate or cookies in the room and a box of ice cubes. very nice. One day I pressed the wrong button and got a Do not disturb light outside my room and they put a letter under the door explaining that they have been there at 2 pm and that they will check at 4 pm and enter the room if the light i still on tho check if everything is Ok. Nice.

The only let down was the Spa treatment I got. The facilities are great, no doubt. But even when someone is in training they need someone to show them how to do things right or supervise them while working. The chair massage was terrible. I did not get any of the relaxation.
BUT! I filled out a form after the treatment with my feedback and the manager called my room and left a message, offering me a new treatment another day - which I couldn't make due to time issues. That was very good service ant the instructor approached me the next morning at breakfast and apologized. Again, good service.

Check out at 5:30 am was great. They called the taxi, told the driver where to go and that I had to get money at an ATM. They carried my luggage down the the taxi.

It was a nearly perfect stay. I would highly recommend the hotel. Keep in mind that theses are students that are supposed to make mistakes to learn. But I was missing nothing.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My stay at the T Hotel was interesting. I absolutely love the concept and the rates. A teaching hotel, spa and restaurant. It was like being in a pretend resort, which I liked. Hey ya have to learn somewhere and the value cannot be beat, right along with the turndown service and the cheery smiles. I have to say, these students are on their game. I felt like I had an entire staff at my beck and call the entire time, although there was a bit of a language barrier when I had to call the front desk for anything. But hey, I am the lesson. The view from the restaurant at the T Hotel was SPECTACULAR! And the food was delish. I wish that had been my room view. I was booked with the "mountain" view room which looked out over a mountain and the village (slums) below. It is hard to see that level of poverty, but the reality is it exists. I would definitely stay here again and almost want to to give the spa a whirl. I would recommend you looking at a photograph of the property. If I had not seen a picture of it, I would never have recognized it by cab. The sign is tiny and the cab driver didn't read or understand any English. Be the lesson, stay at the T!

Room Tip: Ask for the harbor view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We have just spent four nights at T Hotel on our return trip from Canada. From the moment we arrived the very high standard of service was evident. Doors are opened, lifts are tagged, all the staff are delightful.
Our room overlooked the South China Sea....suggest request for a room on this side of the building. Very comfortable king sized bed in a well appointed room and bathroom.
There is no need to catch an expensive taxi from the airport...the A10 bus from international drops you right opposite the hotel at bus stop 26. You won't miss the stop, the overheads in the bus are in English and well delivered. It takes about one hour. The hotel provides you with a map when you book. Obtain an Octopus Card and use the many buses into Central or the 973 to Stanley. The A10 cost us $4 Australian to the airport as seniors!
The hotel has a Spa which is of the highest standard, the students are closely monitored by their supervisor.
We had lunch in the Chinese Culnary Institute. You need to book. The set menu included 12 courses and a tea ceremony. Food and service excellent. The cost was $300 Hong Kong for both!
The hotel provides a smart phone to use when you are out, you can make free international calls and also has a shuttle to Central . We made use of the cocktail bar, very pleasant sitting out on the balcony overlooking the ships sailing in and out of the harbour at night.
T Hotel is Hong Kong's best kept secret, you would not get better . We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone .

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the South China Sea .
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple