“Luxury Hotel at a great price”
Review of The T Hotel

The T Hotel
Ranked #9 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed here last week for three nights, my wife and 5 year old son. After a long flight from London en route back to Australia we were pretty tired. As soon as the taxi stopped outside (I would recommend a cab, rather than bus especially if travelling with children), our bags were scooped up by the eager staff and check in was especially quick. What seemed like an army of eager, courteous, young staff showed us to our room. What a room! It was huge, spacious with a pull out bed for my son. There was a new rubber duck in the bathroom, which I thought was a nice touch. We were pretty tired, so went straight to bed without really having a look from the window. I'm glad I didn't as the view when I pulled the curtains in the morning was amazing. The buffet style breakfast gave an even better view of the ocean with the cargo ships lazily passing us by. This was a great base for sightseeing, being only a 15-20 minute bus or cab ride to Central. This suited us perfectly, as we didn't want the manic hustle and bustle of downtown Hong Kong after a long trip with the accompanying jetlag. I guess the one minor quibble I had was the "Open" plan of the bathroom, with a big window letting the bedroom see all going on inside! Like I say, a small quibble.

I can only echo previous posters in my praise for the wonderful trainees and supervisors in making our stay such a great one. A credit to the hotel and the industry.

Room Tip: Ask for 627!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Brian M

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We were in a sea view room which was large and very well equipped. Can not fault a thing. Location is not a problem as the hotel has good bus links and public transport is a good way of experiencing foreign places. We travelled from the airport with the map page from the hotel website which was a good tip as the taxi driver had not heard of the hotel. If we are in Hong Kong again will not think about staying any where else.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room and watch the giant container ships sail past the windows. Or see the bla...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stotty007
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The hotel does worth at least 5 star .... I wish I have called them earlier, but the hotel was fully booked during Christmas, and I was only able to stay there for 5 days before the week of Christmas.
The room is gorgeous with spectacular view. I felt like I was far away from hustle and bustle while looking at the sea view by the window. The location of the hotel may not be the best but is pretty convenient, as there are excellent transport links to go everywhere in HongKong.
Thou it is a training hotel, I feel the enthusiasm of the staff serving guests to their best. During my stay at the hotel, I came across some nice and friendly hotel staff, who always greet you with a smile. How very sweet they are!
This is definitely the hotel I highly recommend! Not to mention that free wifi, local calls and shuttle are all inclusive in the room rate, which is comparatively reasonable and affordable to others at same level.
My husband who is always picky, does agree with me that this is a luxury hotel at good rate. We both had a wonderful and very pleasant stay!
Thank you T Hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monica C
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the T hotel for two days and we abosluty love it. Room 627 with sea views. Room has all the amenities from a five star hotel and has a very luxury feeling. The bathroom has a bath (with TV) and a separate shower which is nice. The bed has different types of sizes of pillows and the sea views are great. Service is top, as the Hotel is run by hospitality students they really try to be as nice as possible. English language skills are not top so communicating will be interesting at times. We take taxis to the city centre (£4 each trip). I would highly recommend you to stay here and enjoy the experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Gaoguin
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I am pleased to be able to substantiate the positive reviews posted about the T-Hotel already. My family and I booked three rooms and spent four days at the T-Hotel. We are very careful about selecting hotels with high quality rooms and don't get caught up in too much in branding when visiting some countries. We found nothing to complain about the rooms at the T-Hotel, we loved the room design, amenities and the smart use of technology in the rooms. And what's not to love about bathroom and the tv in bath and the electronic privacy screen.... Loved it!!!

We liked the service too... We ofcourse made allowances for the fact that the students are all learning... And the purpose of the hotel is to train them and we have all been students in the past we know it's not always easy to get it right the first time but the tutors are always around to guide them and back-fill when necessary. Notwithstanding, the service was great and genuine. Everyone tried and succeeded in making you feel like a Royal in your Private Palace. If in Hong Kong again we would definitely stay here again and I would recommend The T-Hotel to my closest friends.

An area of improvement may be the wait time in restaurant but the ambiance is nice and sometimes you may forget about the wait.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family