US$196
US$168
  • Restaurant
Butterfly On Morrison(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$98
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$106
US$102
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$343
US$294
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$342/night.

US$296
US$277
  • Pool
Pentahotel Hong Kong, Kowloon(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
US$324
US$235
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$271
US$214
Cordis Official
US$176
US$157
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$217
US$179
  • Restaurant
All reviewstraining hotelpok fu lamthe south china seaan ocean view roomvocational traininghospitality studentsturn down serviceoctopus cardchinese mealbucket of icerooms are hugemini bar isstanley marketminute taxi ridevictoria peakpublic transportbus routes
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The great thing about this hotel is that you are made to feel welcome. All the staff smile and say hello whenever they see you and go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The service isn't always perfect as essentially all the staff (apart from the trainers) are young kids learning on the job but the fact that they so sincerely want to help you makes staying here a wonderful experience. The main question we had after we left is why can't all nice hotels train their staff to be like this? The only caveats I would note is that if you want a proper 5 star hotel then this isn't what you are looking for. It is a little bit out of the way (a 20 min bus ride into Central) and the quality of the rooms, although nice and comfortable, are not what you get in a genuine 5 star hotel. However, if you want an interesting stay and and unique service then I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Some rooms face back towards the hills rather than out to sea. I would definitely request a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JiaqiG
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed for two nights. I rented a car and the main reason for choosing this hotel for me was that the parking is free and it is quite well located for my purposes. Getting there by car is quite easy and there are plenty of parking spaces indoors and outdoors. You need to pass through a gate but the hotel will give you a pass for this so this did not pose a problem.
When stepping up to the hotel door, you can see a lot of people inside, most of who turn out to be well dressed students and one official looking guard.
From what I discovered there are two younger students who are helped in all work by an older one. So you are mostly helped by three people at once which makes it a bit confusing in the beginning on who you need to address. Soon it became clear though that one of them was nominated to take the lead.
Checking in you do at a counter equipped with some colourful Sony laptops. The young lady then whisked her way through the registration with some occasional help of her older colleague. Once all was completed, it was time for all four of us to go and get up to my room. My room was quite a distance from the elevator and although I tried striking up a conversation with my three companions, it was obvious their conversational English was not really up to it.
After a few minutes, we arrived at my room and the lead person asked me if I wanted a tour of my room. As this was probably something that would be benificial for their training I decided to let myself be guided through the room. The lead lady looked a bit mortified, poor thing, and then we went through all the features in the room. I have to admit I did not understand all she was telling me, but after asking some clarification and with some help of the older student, I was able to pick up most.
After bidding my three temporary companions farewell, I decided to look around the room at my own leisure. I noticed immediately that I did not get the sea view room I asked for some 7 months ago when I booked and also that I seem to have been given a room equipped for disabled people. The bathroom did not feature the special window I was so curious about nor, more annoyingly, did it have a shower. That being said the room is quite spacious and features all you could hope for in a hotel room. Other reviewers mentioned most so I will not bore you with these details. One thing, that a lot of people revel about is the TV in the bathroom. While it is indeed quite novel, it is not really very useful as there is not a lot on TV worth watching.
The most important thing, for me at least, is the quality of sleep. I am a light sleeper so after staying in many hotels, I have divided hotels in three categories. The first is "ear plugs and eye mask", because it is noisy and the curtains do not keep the light out. Second is "eye mask" and the third is "none of the above". This hotel is definitely the last category as it has very good curtains and I heard no noise at all, although being very close to some maintenance section of the school/hotel. Only unfortunate thing is that there are too many little lights on the switches and electrical equipment that also give off light, so once you shield these you are fine. I may sound as nit picking, but I cannot even get to sleep with the smallest light.
Now over to the staff. The students are very friendly but it is obvious they are required to be. Service is good, although as mentioned, you are always served by a group of people at once which after a while becomes a little amusing. What I already noticed before is that not all are able to deal with come chit chat or some specific questions about the room or the restaurant. Fortunately the older students and especially their (for lack of a better word) teachers are well equipped to deal with these. I sometimes felt a bit sorry for the younger ones as you could see they wanted to help but were unable to express themselves.
I decided to have my first night dinner in the hotel and the food I had was excellent and so was the service (not to mention the price).
When it was time to check out, all went as it would in any other hotel.
All in all, my stay was very pleasant and I will be back. I wish all the students a fruitful career and the best of luck.
I

Room Tip: Specify you want a sea view room with shower.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank John J
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The staff, food, room, view, price and service were exactly as previously reviewed many times over. We were extremely happy and would definately recommend. I will reiterate, it IS a little out of the way. Once we came home after a huge day of touring or shopping, we were content to chillax, then eat in the resturant. I would hope in the future they get some more English speaking TV or Movies, but that is such a small aspect. We had no trouble with the bus or the taxis. Edith from the Business Centre was exceptionally helpful with directions, bookings for Dialogue in the Dark and taxis. It is not in the middle of the madness, but a lovely oasis to come home to.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Lucystupiddog
Reviewed 14 October 2012

we stayed during a family trip to hong kong in 2012 in the T hotel. Great great rooms and absolute great in service (actually otherwise the students that learn their future job there maybe could get in trouble...hehe) absolute bargain for the value we got there. so if you have to wait some seconds for the student waiter to get the welcome sentence out in best pronounciation...remember it is really a great place to stay at and the training atmosphere gives the whole thing a real cute charme....loved it - would always stay there again when in hong kong.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank doraemonPEK
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Booked this hotel on the recommendation of other trippers. So glad I did. I am staying here for 2 days on my own and it is a fantastic place. Though it is a little out of the main shopping strip, it gives you a moment to breathe away from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong and Kowloon. The rooms are simply gorgeous, 5 star rating, spotless and with every amenity imagineable. The staff are so attentive. Breakfast is wonderful, with views of the bay. I would suggest you ask for the bay views for your hotel room. Otherwise you may get the view I have of a hillside and an old settlement. The bus ride to Kowloon is outside the hotel and costs $11.00hk. So easy to get there. Takes about 20 mins and you get to see the sites. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Remember the staff are training. Prepare for tiny mistakes etc but they are all wonderful and so helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay if available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo