Free cancellation until 26/07
US$131
US$193
US$178
  • Restaurant
Butterfly On Morrison(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$101
Agoda.com
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$370
US$294
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
US$351
US$214
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$215
US$243
US$117
US$102
  • Restaurant
Pentahotel Hong Kong, Kowloon(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$146
US$87
  • Pool
All reviewstraining hotelpok fu lamthe south china seaan ocean view roomvocational traininghospitality studentsturn down serviceoctopus cardbucket of iceminute bus riderooms are hugemini bar isstanley marketvictoria peakpublic transporthong kong islandhotel offers
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I was a little hesitant about booking this hotel, not so much for the service but the location. I needn’t have worried! My two night stay at the hotel was fantastic. I caught the express train to Hong Kong station and from there got a taxi to the hotel which was about a ten minute drive. I did carry a copy of the Hotels map located on their website and this was useful as although the driver knew the area he didn’t know the exact location of the hotel.
There is a reception area on the ground floor but the actual hotel reception is on the 6th floor. Check in was quick (handy as I arrived after a much delayed flight) and straight to my room. The duty manager (Alan I think) was excellent; he showed me how to operate everything including the tv at the end of the bath! The room was very large, as was the bathroom and the bed was magical. I awoke the next morning, opened the curtains and was greeted by a stunning view of Waterfall Bay and the South China Sea with ships constantly coming and going.
Breakfast was great with a good selection of predominantly western style food (cereals, juices, toast and hot dishes) but what was even better was sitting out in the open air on the balcony enjoying it with the same spectacular view as from my room!
Transport. Getting around is very easy as taxis are readily available and so are the buses. Buses will take you to anywhere on the island (make sure you get an Octopus card at the airport!) which will in turn connect you to the ferries etc. I also got the bus out to Stanley market which is always good for souvenir hunting etc.
Despite the staff being mostly trainees, they were always extremely pleasant and always trying their best. To be honest, I found them much better than many fully trained staff I have encountered over the years!
Definitely one of the best hotels in Hong Kong and highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank NX622
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Hong Kong was our stop-over for 4 days on a recent 8 weeks trip to Oz. I found this hotel via Tripadvisor website and it was by far one of the best we stayed in. Yes, the students are under going training and perhaps there is a need for them to understand a little more English. However, one must bear in mind that they are very young and what they lack in experience they certainly make up for in their enthusiasm to make their guests welcome. Having downloaded one simple page from the hotel website, we had no difficulty in finding it. We caught the City Bus at the Airport (A10) and two senior fares cost 48HK$ (approx. £4). All public transport is very cheap and from the bus stop outside the hotel we found it easy to travel around. Housekeeping standards in the hotel were very high indeed and the little touches the icing on the cake. We dined in the hotel every day and although the menu is understandably limited, the quality of the food we had was excellent and nicely presented. I believe that it would cost considerably more for the same accommodation in a 5 star hotel. With a little patience you most certainly will find the T-Hotel a very enjoyable experience. We hope to return to Hong Kong for a longer visit and will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Rita P
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Booked this hotel as part of a nine day stay - the other 4 days were at Langham Place and subject of separate review. A bit hard to find, no signs but if you look for Chinese Training College sign you are there
Firstly I will say that when you pay 50% of the rate of a normal 4-5 star hotel you cant expect it to 100% as good - but it comes so close. The rooms are spacious ,brand new and have everythng you would expect - Great view of the shipping channel for our room . Most of the fittings were good quality but not 5 star . Check in worked well , bags came quickly - so if you want to check in sleep and leave you have a great time . However if you want to eat in house be prepared for some things to go wrong . Cold food , Chips that came 30 mins after the main and some communication issues ,along with a fairly bland menu, on the plus side its so cheap , main course A$10,beer $2 , cocktails $3 bargain price even by HK standards.
Some of the problems stem from lack of english with the students , no their fault perhaps the first 6 months of the course should be english . No one knew what Milk was???
The location will not suit everyone for us it was great we have been to HK 5 times so using the bus out the front to get to central was easy and its only A$7 in a cab TIP if you want a can get them to call one - extra $5HK - much quicker
The students try their best and have big hearts and I really enjoyed the good and bad of this
Sometimes they just dont use commonsense
Overall I would go back in an instant - just great value - but I do want to mention a disturbing incident on checking out - in short the supervisor argued with us over a mini bar item worth 80 cents - even got the students to check the bin to see if there were 2 empty bottles - there was but one we had bought in
so basically just after we paid a total of $13,000HK for 2 rooms - we were confronted over $6HK
and my wife was accused of lying - Commonsense says even if the the guest is wrong you dont argue over such a tiny amount - I am writing to the management about this
Despite this we will go back

Room Tip: ask for ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank ron1955goldcoast
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and the hotel was 1 of the highlights of our trip.

The rooms are big, clean, new and well-furnished. The toilet had a long bath, a shower area and a TV! We stayed in a sea-view room and you really get an unblocked scenery of the ocean from the bed and we enjoyed watching these big birds ( couldnt tell what they were) soaring in the air every morning.

We really liked the thoughtful touches: every night, we were delighted by 2 pieces of yummy choc truffles and cookies, well-placed towel-floor mat for each side of the bed; and a cute little rubber ducky/toy for the long bath. The chocolates were so good that we bought 1 box back for the family who also raved about them. They didnt sell the cookies otherwise we would have bought them too.

The staff are young, earnest and smiley. What they lack in professionalism, they more than make up for, in their eagerness to please.

Location was mentioned in other reviews as its disadvantage. However as this is not our first trip to Hong Kong so we found it to be a nice change to take the bus up - down the hill. The bus-stop is located just outside the Hotel and the sign board tells you clearly where the buses go to; we found many buses go to the major tourist locations. It is about 20 mins away from Central. It is true tho that you wont find any eateries or shopping around the hotel.

We think this is a 5* hotel at 4* prices and will definitely return.

Room Tip: the extra for the sea view is worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank sporeantraveller
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is a hotel is geared towards training youngsters in the hotel business, which is why you are charged a much lower rate than a hotel of similar quality. The hotel frontage is nothing special to look at - its an appartment block. The views from the hotel rooms look the other way, over the bay, with a lovely view. The students are always supervised, so if they have difficulty, there is always someone on hand. Have a little patience and you will find it a rewarding experience - they are keen to learn.
The hotel is a little way out of the main town, but easily accessible by buses (the octopus card makes it very cheap and easy), which stop just outside.
The room and facilities are top quality, the (inclusive) buffet breakfast was excellent, the views over the bay delightful.
We would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple