“Birthday spa that wasn’t really worth it”

I-Spa-InterContinental Hong Kong
Ranked #20 of 121 Spas & Wellness in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I-Spa at InterContinental Hong Kong is an oasis in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong. The city's first feng shui-inspired spa, I-Spa is a retreat based on the principle of inner and outer harmony with body and facial treatments to relax, rejuvenate and re-balance one's entire being.
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Decided to have a spa treatment for my birthday in the afternoon and they have a birthday package that has lunch then your choice of a tailored spa treatment , I picked a body massage followed by a facial .

We started with lunch first at 1:30 but since it was raining the lunch which was supposed to be by the pool was moved to the business centre . I arrived at the business centre wearing my robe and was told to change as robes were not allowed in the business centre , fine my bad but it would have been better if I was told that they have a dress code didn’t want to wear my only pair of jeans as it could go oily after a massage .

Lunch was pretty nice , I preordered a ricotta pasta and the staffs around were pretty friendly .

We moved to the spa room and met our masseuse , told us what we were about what to expect . My masseuse kept talking to me and as she was talking I think I saw her accidentally moved the massage oils around and it confused the other masseuse and she said to my masseuse “ did you just mix the oils? “ not professional of my masseuse.

The massage was very quick , I rarely felt her give me a massage and entire time I could hear and feel her move away and get towels so I don’t understand the point of my 1 hour massage since I rarely felt her massage me . Next was my facial , I told her I have sensitive skin and she told me there would be extractions which I want cause I have a lot of blackheads . My facial started and as she was examining my skin she didn’t give me an extraction which I normally get every time I go to other facial places cause I have really bad black heads around my nose .

It ended and she said I had good skin but still was not happy about the entire thing , I asked my boyfriend who also had a facial if he had an extraction (he has very little blackheads ) and he said yes felt them pinch his nose and honestly felt like the girl who did my massage and facial is so lazy ! My boyfriend also started to rash in his cheeks and so did I , but not as bad as his face .

Paid about more than $4000 for this , not worth it at all! I think they should have skincare for sensitive skin as we started rashing . Told her I had sensitive skin she gave me a hydrating one and my boyfriend a sensitive skin mask ! I’ve been to a lot of spas in my life and this one just tops the would never go again list !

3  Thank kathleen y

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

In this beautiful location in the Intercontinental Hotel I was given the choice of male of female masseuse. For the first time I chose a male and I was very comfortable and was able to really relax. His approach and consideration was unquestionable. There was no selling pitch of any products he used, which was a nice ending to a great signature "Chi" balancing massage.

Reviewed 20 January 2015 via mobile

Fantastic, this hotel has the best view ever of Hong Kong Island overlooking the harbour. You have prime position for the laser show at 8 pm every week day. The restaurant also has 3 Michelin starred restaurants, of which we have tried them all ( see my reviews for each). Superb in the evening to have a drink and look out over the harbour and just simply, has a really good vibe about it. If you go to Hong Kong , book this hotel. It only has 16 floors so you never get over looked as just another customer, every one goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed. We are currently drinking strawberry mojitos as we submit this review.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

second visit to spa for side-by side package. have own room complete with jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath. massages by Jovic and Bridget were excellent. warm greeting by Ms Sandy Lam and her assistant Jenny. poolside area is fantastic, even though in bustling city and lots of construction nearby, still manages to make you feel relaxed! will definitely be booking more massages. excellent for birthday or special treat for loved one.

4  Thank S0much2cN2liltym