“Perfect for vegetarian options”

Manakamana Nepali Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 9,450 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$6 - US$6
Cuisines: Nepalese
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Neighbourhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Saw the reviews on trip advisor and was in spitting distance of our hotel. Excellent food freshly cooked, with a very friendly service. Will be visiting again on our way home.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Great food, and cheap too - we had the dinner set with chicken and a beer for $100. It was well tasting, cheap and filling.
Would recommend!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Very small place tucked inside the market area. Doesn't look the best inside or out but If you can get a table its worth visiting. Food and service were both excellent and very cheap for Hong Kong. We love Indians and eat it all the time -here we ate every morsel that we ordered - delicious.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I asked an Indian friend for a good Indian restaurant and he recommended Manakamana Nepali, I said great, but do you know any Indian restaurants and he said just try it. Many dishes are exactly the same as northern Indian cuisine, so if you need a curry fix, don't let the name stop you from coming here.

I ordered the butter chicken, rice, yellow daal, butter naan, and two mango lassi. Really a yummy and filling lunch.

The butter chicken was a healthy portion, but the sauce was amazing. Up there with some of the best I've had. The yellow daal was quite good, I didn't finish it because it was a lot of food for one person. The naan was ok, a little hard. The mango lassi were great, nice yogurt/mango combo.

They have some set meals that looked good for solo diners, but I had a craving for exactly what I ordered. Great price wise by Hong Kong standards, would be a nice place for families. The restaurant isn't big, and I'd bet it gets full at times.

1  Thank Joshua R
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We went there after reading good reviews about the restaurant. But the reality is far from its 4 and 1/2 stars rating.

Service is below average. Food quality is below average. I ordered an traditional Indian dish and it doesn't even come with rice in the end..... very disappointing.

The Worst part is the bill was intentionally done wrong(More than what actually costs). The waitress came out running after seeing me calculating the bill with my phone.....telling me the bill is wrong!
It probably wouldn't be wrong if she didn't see me calculating and just paid the bill!
Imagine they do that to every customer.

Anyways check your bill before you pay! Or just go somewhere else that will not cheat their customers.

2  Thank bibi_keys
Laxmi S, Manager at Manakamana Nepali Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear customer,
Thank you for your visit. I would first like to clarify that the rice doesn't come with the curry. You would have to order it separately. Also, I sincerely apologise for the calculation mistake that occurred that day. It was accidentally but not intentionally. I hope you can understand that sometimes mistakes do occur. However, we will definitely improve and check the bill carefully next time before summing up. Our main mission is to provide excellent service and food to customers. So we will continue to improve and hope you can visit us next time!