“Great family restaurant ”
Review of La Brata

La Brata
Ranked #2 of 11,791 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$0 - US$150
Neighbourhood: Central
Description: Northern Italian Trattoria/Osteria, Wine bar and catering restaurant, Small 30 seater location in the central area of Hong Kong Island. We specialize solely in home made products and self-importedd products from our known food and drink sources in Italy.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We went to try an Italian after eating nothing but local delicacies. This restaurant offers a good selection to eat and drink. My son ordered the cold meat platter which we all enjoyed with some red wine. Finished off with a good variety of desserts to round off a lovely evening

3  Thank Joshchahal

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enter the restaurant La Brata on a Tuesday evening at 8pm, the waiters are not welcoming at all. We ask for a table for 2 (they were 6 clients in the restaurant in total) and they mention that the restaurant is fully booked. Ok fair enough, but then the table of 4 is leaving, we ask again and they still don’t want to serve us.
It’s a shame to have such a bad service, we don’t want to try our chance another time even if the food looks great.
If your employees are too exhausted to be willing to work, you should think about alternative solutions.

4  Thank travellingkitten12
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Their food is so authentic Italian. Staff are friendly, generous portion, friendly staff. Always busy busy. Highlight recommend for Palma Ham, pasta, burrata cheese.

3  Thank watsui
Reviewed 4 July 2018

La Brata is an authentic Italian restaurant with a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. I had an excellent time dining at La Brata as the food was delicious and the staff were attentive and friendly. If you require any wine recommendations ask for the resident sommelier Jacob. While dining at La Brata I had the Burrata and Diavola, which were delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in search of delicious and authentic Italian food at an affordable price.

3  Thank Desmond O
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff and the chef makes his own pasta. What to do? He’s authentic Italian and its the only way to make a great pasta sauce taste even better. The starter was so huge it filled the table for the 3 of us, and our table was for a party of 6 . The burrata was clearly imported because it tasted like how it should be. Firm on the crust and flowy in the inside. The prosciutto? Mama Mia it’s amazing!
No need to be fancy, just got for the house wine, it was a nice full bodied Chianti that day.
A good meal that doesn’t break the bank, I’ll head back to this Italian joint when I miss my Italian holiday adventures.

2  Thank Isostel