“Very good!”

Ranked #50 of 717 Hotels in Hong Kong
Mauritius
“Very good!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have been there in August 2011 with my family. It is a very good airport hotel, and also a good hotel for visiting lantau island. From there, we visited the Citygate shopping mall and the giant Buddha. It is comfortable and cosy, and we had a warm welcome.
The room is very spacious, especially for Hong Kong standards.
We had a wide selection of food during breakfast time; from continental to traditional hong kong style.
Also, we had a free shuttle bus to the airport and to the Citygate Outlet frequently every day.
The hotel also has a gym and a spa. If I visit Lantau island again, I will definitely choose the Marriott Skycity, without any second thought! :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here in February as my flight arrived in Hong Kong in the evening and I didn't fancy either travelling straight to Macau after a long flight or heading in to the city for one night before moving on to Macau. I chose the Marriott as it was cheaper than the other option of the Regal Hotel, although unlike the Regal the Marriott is not linked directly to the airport but instead has a shuttle bus. On arrival I went to the hotel desk in the arrivals hall to ask where to get the shuttle from. The gentleman at the desk informed me that I'd just missed it but said he'd call the hotel and get them to send an MPV for myself and another couple, which was a really nice touch.

Check in was smooth and efficient, and the room was quite large and well sound proofed such that there was little disturbance form the aircraft at the airport. There was a coffee shop in the lobby area for snacks, and also a bar and restaurant although I didn't try those. If you wanted to you could walk to the airport across a large car park in no more than ten minutes although the shuttle bus was quite frequent, and there was also a complimentary bus to Tung Chung which is a nearby shopping centre.

If you had an early flight out of HK, or a late arrival in to HK, this hotel is a really good choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank WindsorVillain
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 5 March 2012

After attending a business conference in Hong Kong for 10 days, I took a trip to Thailand for a couple of days, but had to return to Hong Kong for my flight back to the U.S. Since I had been on a business trip in Hong Kong, I had lots of luggage and certainly didn't want to schlep 3 suitcases to Thailand for 4 days. The SkyCity Marriott allowed me to drop my bags off before I left Hong Kong and collect them on my return provided that I had a reservation there for my last night stay.

This worked out perfectly because my flight from Bangkok arrived late and I had a midday flight back to the U.S. the following day. I arrived at the Marriott tired and travel worn and hadn't eaten since breakfast. The check-in was quick and a bellman was right there to bring all of my bags to my room.

The room was very nice, comfortable and perfect for my needs and had a wonderful shower! My only complaint was the service in the bar downstairs. I went down to get a bite to eat and a glass of wine before turning in. The bartender seemed to be very busy and I had to get his attention to see a menu, then to order, and then again to pay. A cheese pizza and 2 glasses of wine came to approx. $55 U.S. so it was no bargain.

I definitely recommend this property for an overnight or layover between flights. If you are visiting Hong Kong for more than a night or two, though, you should stay downtown as the airport is a good distance outside of the city.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RoxieRR
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This is an excellent airport hotel, and relatively inexpensive in comparison to alot of the Hong Kong hotels. It is worth the stay if you have a layover or an early flight.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrocky08
Hong Kong
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Hong Kong, a crowded and busy city, has only a few hotels locating in a suburban area. This is one of the greatest one. The hotel brought me a relax and comfortable environment. The surrounding is full of "green" and fresh air. Fresh air is uncommon in Hong Kong. Besides, the hotel room is large and contains all you need. Its shuttle services between the airport, Tung Chung MTR station and the hotel are very convenience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple