All reviews temple street lots of convenience stores change the towels female dorm shampoo and soap yau ma tei station the airport bus stop private bathroom exit c nathan road cheap hotel convenient store week stay bed room rooms are small beds were comfortable reception area
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. The room was a surprise to me. Room was very clean. The staff are nice and accomodating. Location was very near mtr and temple street. Typical hongkong room size. AC runs perfectly fine. Will definitely go back to this hostel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank moonsilver17
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Booked here on hostelworld, the price was good (£10 each). The dorm rooms are good, comfy beds and clean shower/toilet. Was quite hard to meet people here as we were the only people in the room for 2 nights and then only 1 more person joined the following night. Bit of confusion with prices as when we tried to add on an extra night at the reception the price was considerably higher (£17 each) then what it said on hostelworld (£10) also were told on the weekend the price went up almost 5x the original amount (£47 each) which is ridiculous

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I arrived here with my friend after a long journey from the UK, the hostel was easy to find and is just of Nathan Road which is the Main Street, we were greeted at the reception and check in was really efficient and fast!
We stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm with an ensuite, the room was lovely!
It was clean and the beds were super comfy and there is a nice big duvet!
Air con was good too! The room was a bit snug but enough space for 4 people and plenty of room for your things. There is a locker provided too.
The bathroom was basic but it is fine for what you need.
We really enjoyed our stay here, and for the location and the fact it is in Hong Kong the price was reasonable too! We would definitely recommend this hostel

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank natashajaynewhalley
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I tried to check in at the reception they didn’t find my reservation and have been told we do have three more guests with the same situation -even they tried to check extranet, and reviewed my booking confirmation on my phone-. They asked me to be patient, which is fine. However, the fact I should explain the two receptionist lady at the front desk how they can find my reservation through extranet is a disappointment. After returning from a cigarette I have been told somehow they "successfully" opened the availability on extranet websites and they are overbooked. How they could open the availability on extranet, but not to find a reservation there?! I have told them it is unacceptable and better to find me a “room” or on their cost book me out somewhere, then I left. Returning at 10 pm, I successfully checked in, given the solution, and told that. in your room there will be another bed, which I said for one night it’s alright.Instead, I could go to my room, I have been given by them the wrong room, wrong bed, on the wrong floor. So, I had to return the reception asking them about that, are they sure they have provided me with the right room and bed. They were sure I have given the right key even checking their operating system and I had to make them acknowledge their mistake. I have given the right key, in the end, however, I have given even a worse room, as the previous wrong one had a better shower, even curtains etc. Which I think the minimal compensation for a guest who we have made mistakes twice. I went out and returned to the hostel and at the lounge right after I was trying to connect to the WIFI from the room was allocated I couldn’t manage from 3 WIFI hotspots. I have tried to contact with the GM Mrs Doris Lau, but as they do care about their customers still didn't get any explanation for this situation or at least an apology or compensation. Awful service as the two receptionist on late shift clearly don’t know how to use your website and undertrained and do not take care of their work or even the guest satisfaction. No internet connection during the whole stay and I do believe my 6 months old MacBook won’t have this issue, if yes I would take it an apple store and apologise for the inconvenience of this issue. No compensation offered at all for the cause time of waiting, as the check in time 2 pm and even get worse room what the other guests. Management literally does not care about any of their customers, even on the next morning, a girl told me her awful experience with her booking which covers almost what I was going through with these people. Never left bad reviews til now so hopefully they will respond

Room Tip: Bad service, bad management
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
11  Thank Kecs K
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We paid ~$150 USD for our twin bunk room with a private bathroom. All I can say is you get what you pay for. The room is pretty small and can comfortably fit both me and my buddy's luggage. The beds are surprisingly comfy and soft but if you're on the top bunk, be prepared to not have any outlets near where you're sleeping. I'm not sure who decided that it was a good idea to not have outlets near the top bunk in the internet of things age. It's not like there's no room near the top bunk to put a small table with an outlet on the wall there. Needless to say, my top bunk mate was definitely not a happy camper.

The bathroom was probably the worst part of the hostel. The toilet is literally right at the door so if you're taller and have longer legs, be prepared to not be able to close the bathroom door at all when you're using it. The sink to brush your teeth is located inside the shower area so you might as well shower and brush your teeth at the same time or be prepared to get your feet wet again when you need to. Not sure if it was our room, but the shower drain drains incredibly slow so you're feet are constantly basking in your own shower water.

Other than the outlet and the bathroom situation, the hostel is fine. Wifi is spotty, AC is awesome and the sheets are folded nicely for you every day. Toilet paper is also changed out every day as well. The location is amazing as well as you're right outside of the Temple Street Night Market and super close to the Yau Ma Tei MTR station. Go buy those fidget spinners!

UPDATE:

This is an update to my previous review. After submitting my review, we were still in the hostel for one last night. When we got back around 9PM-10PM, we noticed that our room door was wide open. My heart skipped a beat for a good few seconds. After inspecting that our stuff was not touched, we felt relieved, but this is unacceptable. Our guess is that when housekeeping was done with our room that they forgot to close it. But that doesn't make me feel better either since assuming housekeeping is normally a morning thing, that would mean our door was wide open all day while we were gone. We were incredibly tired that night so since nothing was lost, we didn't complain to the front desk but I'm definitely not going to risk it again in the future. Docking another star for this hostel in terms of security.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
7  Thank Visokoo