“book the private rooms”

Hi Inn @Nathan Road
Ranked #209 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 November 2017

My friends and I stayed for 3 nights in their private room and I stayed for additional night in their dormitory type rooms.

If you are in a budget and travelling alone, I dont recommend their dormitory rooms as they are not as private as compared to other hostels. only 2/3 of your bed will be covered and the rest will be seen by your roommates.

Private rooms are actually better than the dormitory rooms but have the same room size.

What I like about Hi-Inn is that their housekeeping is consistent. Our room is always clean when we return from our activities.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. The room was a surprise to me. Room was very clean. The staff are nice and accomodating. Location was very near mtr and temple street. Typical hongkong room size. AC runs perfectly fine. Will definitely go back to this hostel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Booked here on hostelworld, the price was good (£10 each). The dorm rooms are good, comfy beds and clean shower/toilet. Was quite hard to meet people here as we were the only people in the room for 2 nights and then only 1 more person joined the following night. Bit of confusion with prices as when we tried to add on an extra night at the reception the price was considerably higher (£17 each) then what it said on hostelworld (£10) also were told on the weekend the price went up almost 5x the original amount (£47 each) which is ridiculous

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I arrived here with my friend after a long journey from the UK, the hostel was easy to find and is just of Nathan Road which is the Main Street, we were greeted at the reception and check in was really efficient and fast!
We stayed in the 4 bed mixed dorm with an ensuite, the room was lovely!
It was clean and the beds were super comfy and there is a nice big duvet!
Air con was good too! The room was a bit snug but enough space for 4 people and plenty of room for your things. There is a locker provided too.
The bathroom was basic but it is fine for what you need.
We really enjoyed our stay here, and for the location and the fact it is in Hong Kong the price was reasonable too! We would definitely recommend this hostel

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank natashajaynewhalley
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I tried to check in at the reception they didn’t find my reservation and have been told we do have three more guests with the same situation -even they tried to check extranet, and reviewed my booking confirmation on my phone-. They asked me to be patient, which is fine. However, the fact I should explain the two receptionist lady at the front desk how they can find my reservation through extranet is a disappointment. After returning from a cigarette I have been told somehow they "successfully" opened the availability on extranet websites and they are overbooked. How they could open the availability on extranet, but not to find a reservation there?! I have told them it is unacceptable and better to find me a “room” or on their cost book me out somewhere, then I left. Returning at 10 pm, I successfully checked in, given the solution, and told that. in your room there will be another bed, which I said for one night it’s alright.Instead, I could go to my room, I have been given by them the wrong room, wrong bed, on the wrong floor. So, I had to return the reception asking them about that, are they sure they have provided me with the right room and bed. They were sure I have given the right key even checking their operating system and I had to make them acknowledge their mistake. I have given the right key, in the end, however, I have given even a worse room, as the previous wrong one had a better shower, even curtains etc. Which I think the minimal compensation for a guest who we have made mistakes twice. I went out and returned to the hostel and at the lounge right after I was trying to connect to the WIFI from the room was allocated I couldn’t manage from 3 WIFI hotspots. I have tried to contact with the GM Mrs Doris Lau, but as they do care about their customers still didn't get any explanation for this situation or at least an apology or compensation. Awful service as the two receptionist on late shift clearly don’t know how to use your website and undertrained and do not take care of their work or even the guest satisfaction. No internet connection during the whole stay and I do believe my 6 months old MacBook won’t have this issue, if yes I would take it an apple store and apologise for the inconvenience of this issue. No compensation offered at all for the cause time of waiting, as the check in time 2 pm and even get worse room what the other guests. Management literally does not care about any of their customers, even on the next morning, a girl told me her awful experience with her booking which covers almost what I was going through with these people. Never left bad reviews til now so hopefully they will respond

Room Tip: Bad service, bad management