“Reasonable price with high quality of sashimi”
Review of Monster Sushi

Monster Sushi
Ranked #1,311 of 11,598 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mong Kok
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This sushi restaurant can always surprise me with their high quality of sushi and sashimi. This is not a traditional sushi restaurant but a more like fusion one. Their price is very affordable.

It will have special discount when you visit it after 21:00.

I usually pay them a visit once a month.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Grabbed a quick dinner after the movies in Mong Kok. Some of the best sushi we have tasted for some time - and a novel way using a brush to apply the dipping sauce to the sushi. We also ordered Assorted Tempura and Grilled Mackerel with Salt (very tasty)... and the clam & seaweed Miso Soup was delicious. The Japanese Style Beef Tenderloin also melted in my mouth! You order off a tick sheet and your food comes fairly quickly. You can re-order but only allowed to stay for 1 1/2 hours. Staff are very busy, but they do come to you quite quickly. Surprised to see we were the only two 'foreigners' here. Maybe a hidden gem? We'd go again.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

This place serves great tasting fresh sushi, not much frills. Mark your picks and get rolling. Sushi roll with cheese was a surprise, California roll did not disappoint and pork belly skewers hit the spot. Roll with Alaska crab and fois gra was amazing. We paid $680 (HKD) for two, including service and beers.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

My husband ordered the steak on sizzling plate and voted it the best steak dish he had in Hong Kong for the entire weeks stay ( he ate steak almost everyday haha and he still returned to monster sushi for the steak to get his fix)

We stumbled upon Monster Sushi when we were searching for our first meal in HK after checking into the Cordis Hotel next door.

Love the swift service, there is always someone refilling your tea cup. Love the selection of sushi and how quick they are to serve the food too. We also got a 100 dollar voucher for our next meal so it's clear They are not only very good at service, sushi, they know how to do business! We definitely will return.

Ps : you will notice they have mini brushes available on the table to brush soy sauce on your sushi. It's their thing, however my husband saw a man lick that brush during his meal ( a testament to how much he loves soy sauce and how delicious their food is but that put me off the brush haha )

Will return for their food and service for sure.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

"Pay with peanuts and you will get monkeys..."

The food was very good, fresh,interesting combo with foie gras but... the service...
such a disgrace.

It was one of the worst service I've seen so far (even comparing with small town restaurants on remote islands of HK).

When we started we had the privilege of having a waitress cleaning tables with so much noise that we paused our conversation.

I also spotted a waiter eating from the leftover on a table, ("Adam / trainee")

The Indian waiter (Rudy) "forgot" the udon for the kids... (I was quiet specific, asking this to be served first).

I had the "eye" when I dared asking for Iced water.

I don't mind paying 2K for food but service is part of the bill so I feel very very upset

I will not come back, it was our last night in HK and I'm just upset.