If I would travel to Hong Kong on a budget again, I would definitely chose Las Vegas Guest House.
Note that hotels in Hong Kong are ridiculously expensive. If you are travelling on a small budget, you need to accommodate yourself in one of the guest houses. I have seen four rooms in 3 different guest houses within one month and they are all similar what comes to location and (mini-)size of the room. If you want a decent hotel room you need to pay several times the money than for the guest house. So when rating a Hong Kong guest house, you need to keep that in mind. It is not fair to compare it to a 300 USD /per night hotel.
I rated the Las Vegas Guest house as very good, as it stands out from the other guest houses for the following reasons:
1. The room was clean. Even the corners of the shelves were wiped. The other guest houses were all more or less dirty and you were never sure if the sheets are fresh or not. No such doubt at Las Vegas Guest House.
2. There was always someone at the reception during day and evening times, when the door was open to the elevator area, The receptionist was friendly and kept an eye on our luggage when we stored it there on the day we left. The place felt safe.
3. Wifi worked fine.
4. Everything in the room was intact. In other guest houses, bulbs have been broken, the paint was coming off the furniture or electricity cables were hanging out of the wall. At Las Vegas Guest House all appliances were in order.
5. The bath room was small, but large enough to sit on the toilet and still close the door. The shower was working fine and there was enough hot water with a good water pressure
6. The guest house was not noisy, other than what I have experienced from other guest houses.
7. Our room had a proper window with a view to the court yard. This is a plus, because the other guest houses I have seen didn't have a window at all, a window towards an air shaft or a windows towards Nathan road, which was partly broken and fixed with a plastic bag to cover the hole.
8. No wild life in the room.
Only the bed was really narrow for two persons. If you are not a couple, make sure to get a twin. Our bed was under the window, so the curtains were hanging above the person who slept on the window side. That could not be avoided as the bed was too narrow to make space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Room with Free Internet Access,Air-condition,Fan,Television with Cable Channel,Telephone,Private Bathroom,24 hours hot water,Towel and Slipper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Garden Guest House-Las Vegas Group Hostels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Vegas Hotel Hong Kong