See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Stayed at 13F, Block C for 3 nights.

Overall rating for this guest house is great!

Location: Located in Tsim Sha Tsui. The location is perfect. It is almost near to everything (MTR, Shoppng Malls, Restaurants, parks, etc.) MTR is just a 2-minute walk from the guest house. You can walk to different parks located on that area. Location is perfect.

Room: The room is clean and have a good scent. Well-ventilated. Air conditioner works well. The room has flat tv, wall fan (maybe can be utilized when you don't need AC), bedside table, nice lighting, has hair dryer, mini fridge, pair of slippers, and clothes hanger. Bathroom is small but it has everything -- free body soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary tissue, and hot/cold shower. The bathroom which I consider the most in choosing a guest house or a hotel -- I want a clean and with proper sanitation, and YES their bathroom is sooo clean. The only thing is that the hot/cold shower from our room is that, the hot water suddenly gets cold (to think that the weather during our vacation was very cold like 12deg C). You have to turn the faucet off for it to gets hot/warm for you to be able to utilize the hot water again. Free Wi-Fi and connection is great whoa! Overall with the ROOM, it's great. Stayed with comfort though the room size is small. Good for backpackers.

Building: Building or the place is okay. Ground floor has everything you need (Money Exchange, restaus, internet cafe, and other shops). The elevator from our block (block C) -- 2 elevators, and each elevator has a capacity of 6-8 persons only, so you have to wait for the availability. It doesn't take that long anyways, so it's fine. Don't be surprised, if you see doors behind bars, there are also local residents staying on that building.

Service: The service is good. Mr. Rich is nice and friendly. Can speak English fluently -- so you won't have a hard time talking to them. They provide free drinking water (water dispenser), and free tea. They always change your bath towels, provide sanitary tissue, and you may request to change your linens. They also clean and arrange the room everyday.

Value for Money: Affordable. Suits your budget. Worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank AyKlan
Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

A little room for moving yourself, but it is worth it,good wifi services and very air condicioned air; it is near the ferry to cross to hong kong,and very well comunicated. If you don't care tje lack of intimacy it is worth it,and the prices are not so high

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank leenaM87
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

So I booked a double room on booking.com for two nights the description was as follows:
This air-conditioned room is fitted with a work desk, a mini fridge and a LCD TV. A hairdryer, shower facilities and free toiletries are offered in the private bathroom. Guests can enjoy distiller drinking water in the communal lounge.
What we actually got was a room which we could touch both walls by spreading our arms across it, a bedside locker about 6inches wide on one side of the bed as the other was against the wall, TV on the wall at foot of unusually small "double" bed, bathroom which was maybe the width of the toilet bowl?! Shower head lay on ground beside toilet so u held it above toilet to shower? Soap dispenser on wall completely empty. No mini fridge, not that there would have been anywhere to put it, we even had to put our bags under the bed as otherwise we couldn't get to the bed! Which under the bed we found a lovely pair of flip flops some poor soul must have forgotten them, reassuring at how well they clean the rooms! Wi-fi forget it! There must be 100s of people using it as you can't get anything on it its so overloaded! As for the location , if you feel safe entering a cheap shopping mall with people shouting in your face trying to sell you stuff and trying to take your bags off you to get you to go with them then this is the place for you! You wait approx 15-30mins to get to the top of the queue for the lift! After getting to floor 5 to check in there's no reception desk and no one about! We then went to floor 15, and were sent back to 5 where we paid cash and then were brought to our nightmare of a room. When we left the last morning we couldn't get a lift down from the 16th floor as the cleaners had the lifts jammed full if rubbish! After checking out I got wifi in the next hotel and discovered he told booking.com my card declined which it never did, so they cancelled the Reservation and so I'm assuming he had to pay them no fees when we arrived oblivious to this, checked in and paid him cash! It's a compete scam, dodgy area, dodgy people! Never would I even recommend this place to my worst enemy!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MaddysSweetTreats
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Please be advised to avoid ALL prison houses at the Chung King Mansion.
Described as "guest houses" they are entered via bars at the doors on various levels in this building accessed only in lifts from a mall where the queues and waiting times are 20 to 30 minutes.
Miserable aggressive attendants look after these prison houses which would be death traps in any fire or emergency.
The rooms are smaller than prison cells with less amenities.
Their acceptance on ANY hotel website should be considered criminally negligent.
I would ask all the websites to consider removing this building from their sites before something serious occurs.
BE ADVISED. DO NOT STAY IN THIS BUILDING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES SAFETY

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank keith a
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Booked this guest house for 5 nights... got to the 5 floor to check in.... the door was locked and no one around.....waited for about 30 minutes before a man came through from another part of the building.... was taken through to another part where payment was taken for a double and single room..... was then shown to the 15th floor where I was given a room in a part of the building that I had not booked, which looked nothing like what I had booked.... the only thing I will say is that it was clean.... but far from comfortable... people have mention in previous reviews about being intimidating hawkers down stairs,,,,,well I don't mind them.....what I found to be more intimidating was the 5 men sat in the main reception on the 15th floor what were they doing and why were they needed ??? the left up to the 15th floor is tiny...if you have a fear of heights and confined spaces this is not the guesthouse for you...... this is more like a cheap back packing hotel than anything else....... what has annoyed me was,,, I had paid for a room that I was not given and told I would be moved the following day...yet they had payment for the room booked..... my friends room was a single room...well I wish I had taken a picture,,,, I know HK you fight for space but this really did take the mick !! I explained to the guy on reception that this was not what I had booked and that I was not going to stay there..... he got a little angry and said you will have to go back to reception down stairs.... I did not want any hassle with anyone...and the guys on the 15th floor I was not going to mess with so I got my case and left..... I then had an email from booking.com to say that I was charged as a No show !!!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends