US$301
US$247
Official Website
  • Pool
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$251
US$153
Agoda.com
US$104
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$209
US$316
US$163
HotelsClick
1,925 results
All reviewswedding suitedongsi subway stationfamily roomtraditional chinese furniturenarrow alleychinese experiencetraditional hotelforbidden citytaxi driverreal chinabeijing hutongmodern amenitiesdumplingssmall hotelloved this hotelspoke good englishfree internet
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We also rented the wedding suite to accommodate three of us. It was lovely and tastefully decorated--even had a rooftop deck with a table and umbrella where we sat in the evenings. The hotel is located in one of the local neighborhoods--the Hutong--and we loved walking down the clean alleyway where locals walked home in the evenings, a local man sold wonderful nuts, and kids and grandparents hung out until the sun went down, etc. It was so nice! The hotel staff was wonderful--even sent us home with some local tea. The breakfast was fantastic and there was a variety of foods for all eaters. The lounge at night was very quaint and quiet with more "local flavor", as well as beautiful small courtyards where you could sit and read or just relax. Fabulous place!

Room Tip: Just keep in mind that you are in a local neighborhood and the neighbors can be loud at times.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveling3Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed in the wedding suite, not because I was a newly wed, (I was travelling solo for business) but because I wanted a bigger room and Agoda had a great special on. The room was not bigger but oh my golly goodness, it was delightful! I don't think I have ever been so moved walking into a room before. There was teak wood and silk upon silk and a delicate china tea set and lollies in a heart-shaped bowl and everything was red (customary colour for weddings). The room was warm and faced the courtyard, and the bed was so very comfortable, the kind where you just melt into it. The bar was a great place to relax, the breakfast was interesting to say the least but the food in the bar was a little on the average side. Staff were wonderful, every single one of them. Oh, and don't be put off by the fact it is down an alleyway. The alleyway is not scary at all and cars can fit down the street - if you are worried, just ask your taxi driver to drop you out front.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Venner135
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at this gem of a hotel for six nights, and loved every minute of it. The location is great, in a nice neighbourhood Hutong minutes from Dongsi subway station. The staff were simply lovely, very professional, efficient, and above all very friendly. The room was a delight, very quiet, with ac/heating, solid fast wifi, TV, minibar, wonderful decor and artifacts, and nice en suite. The ambience of the hotel is also a delight. After ten days on the train from England, this was heaven. I can thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: I had a double room to myself, well worth the cost, on the ground floor in the first courtyard. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2012

March 26-30, 2012
My experience in Beijing was fantastic. The hotel is not your “western” style and it met all my requirements of being a typical Chinese culture hotel. I had no expectations and was happy with my accommodation which was clean and tidy. I had a single room which was not large but suited me just fine. I had the best sleeps in the quietest room I’ve had in a hotel for a long time. The staff were helpful, spoke English well, answered all my questions, fixed the computer in my room which was not working for me. Breakfast was very good and plentiful in a buffet style.
Due to being picked up every day for tours I did not venture far outside of the hotel but I did walk in the “alley/lane” and found the area interesting and nobody bothered me. There was construction going on but that added to the interest. The location did not seem far from interesting sites. Value for me was great, although it was included as part of the tour I had organized before leaving home, the only idea I have on the price was what is on the web site. On leaving I was presented with a tin of tea which was a complete and unexpected surprise. Would I stay there again? In a heartbeat. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank L W
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The absolute favorite hotel during my 12-day China trip, the Double Happiness Courtyard Hotel is an immersion experience: located in the 'old town' Hutong district, it is within walking distance of many key Beijing sites and provides easy access to the subway.

Numerous reviews sited the initial visual impact of the neighborhood as being something less than favorable, and, while this is true, one night wandering around the area reveals the charm and comfort of the area: by the end of my stay it felt like 'my' neighborhood and I truly did not want to leave.

Traveling alone, I chose the smallest room and was not disappointed: compact but well appointed with a terrific bath. Breakfast was varied and very good, and you will be greeted with a fruit/snack basket at the end of your first day.

Can't wait to return with my wife!

Room Tip: If you are willing to use the subway (highly recommended and exceptionally easy to use, particularly with the English translation button), you can literally get to any tourist destination in Beijing for only a dollar or two. I visited the Great Wall, taking the subway to Beijing North Railway station and then the S2 train north for an hour, for a total of $2.55, roundtrip, without being tied to a tour bus.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business