“DISGUSTING. Warning: Don't EVER stay here unless you want to be treated with no respect, and bad hygiene.”
Review of Huandao Boya Hotel

and 1 more site!
Huandao Boya Hotel
Ranked #2,812 of 6,599 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I would NEVER return to this hotel even if you paid me. First of all, on our arrival there was MOLD on the rim of our sink, we told them this and they came and barely cleaned it. Then explained that the rest was the normal color (black spots on white sink?) from renovation glue/plastic. The shower mat is full of mold - it's supposed to be yellow, so the black mildew stuff really stands out - funny thing is that it's so obvious, but the staff don't even bother cleaning it? The towels all look worse than the ones you would use to scrub the floors. They're all shredded at the sides, and some even have stains. The beds have urine stains, and smells of urine as well. The service is the most terrible I've evER experienced (and I speak from experience, as I do a bit of travelling due to business). On return to our room on the second night, we actually found a USED towel from the night before (which we put on the floor in the morning before leaving) back on the hanger where it should be new towels. We recognized it because it was stained. When we called them to tell them, they not only did not apologize - but they said that it's OUR responsibility that their towel is stained and even tried to charge us! They totally just put aside the fact that they put a dirty towel on the clean rack for us to use! And it is NOT the customer's responsibility that THEIR towel is stained - that's disgusting. Their towels are mostly either shredding or stained, we had to ask a couple of times for them to bring us towels that were actually decent looking. When we called, they would answer rudely, and hang up. When we called to talk to the manager to address their service issues, the manager's service etiquette was equally rude. Please note, we were meant to stay at this hotel for eight days with our tour group. We ended up switching hotels. Other tourmates expressed the same problems. The only thing positive is the bearable buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ferever0204

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. Turned out better than I expected. Except for one sulky female receptionist at the front desk, the rest of the staff are cordial and helpful. English language of the staff is limited. Rooms and the bathroom are quite clean and comfortable. I wish the air conditioning could have been colder. Location wise - not much to explore around at hotel; but there is a train station about 5 mins walk from hotel (line 1 runs from there that can bring you straight to tian an men square and wangfujing shopping belt without need to change lines).
Need to pay for internet use in the room ,about S$12 for an hour.

On the whole, quite a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SafenHappy
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We were staying at Beijing Huandao Boya Hotel because our travel agent had booked it. According to the travel agent, this is a Local 5 Star hotel which is pretty nice and should be at the barest minimum on par with an International 4 Star hotel.

We were disappointed when we checked into our rooms to discover that the room is more like that of a 3 Star Hotel. The furnishings are obviously dated and the

There were only 6 guests (including the 2 of us) at the cafe in the morning at 8am for a buffet breakfast. The breakfast offering was in general poor. The chicken sausages were boiled to death and had the texture of tyres. The Chinese Tea Egg was way off! The yolk had turned black and the egg white was sour! How awful!

If you cannot speak Mandarin fluently, you will have problems communicating with the staff at this hotel.

That said, the rooms are fairly spacious.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 4 April 2010

The room was spacious, clean and well decorated. If one could judge the hotel just by observing the rooms, it would probably meet 5 star standards. However (and this is a big however), the service could have been better. 3/4 nights I had stayed there, I had trouble sleeping because of the constant knocking coming from either upstairs or downstairs. These sounds would continue for at least an hour or two every day at around the same time - 10 & 11 PM. I had called the front desk several times on the first night attempting to communicate my concerns, but the staff had a hard time with English and kept passing me along to each other. Finally, after about 3 calls and hours of sleep wasted, someone finally came up to my room. This gentleman also heard the knocking at once, since it was THAT apparent and constant. No further explanation was needed because you don't have to understand English to know I am not happy with the noise. So he went to investigate. He came back after about half an hour and told me that he had asked the guest above me to please keep it down. Soon after he left, I realized that it wasn't a guest making the noise, as I heard tools of renovation. Turns out, they were renovating something on the floor below mine and just HAD to choose the sleeping hours to complete the job. What in the world?! Needless to say, the hotel staff did not help much, if at all, and the priorities of this hotel needs to be reassessed.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed 9 October 2008

Although listed as a 5 star hotel, I would peg this hotel as more of a 3.5 star to 4 star hotel. A little tired and frayed on the edges in some places. The Huandao Boya is located right off of the Wanshoulu metro stop (line 1 of the Beijing metro) but is several stops away from the Forbidden City so this is not the most convenient hotel. If a central / convenient location is important, I would consider other hotels in the Beijing area. We stayed at this hotel as part of a packaged tour so my guess is that the rates at this place are less than the competition.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)