“Pearls, pearls, pearls...”

Pearl Market (Hongqiao Market)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$42.00*
and up
Private Beijing Shopping Tour
Ranked #99 of 1,622 things to do in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: This is Beijing's largest and most popular market for pearl jewelry (notably freshwater pearls), clothing and luggage.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There are floors and floors of pearl jewellery in this market on the upper floors as well as electronics, clothes, bags etc on the lower floors. The building is reasonably old but still has escalators and lifts to make getting around easier. You can even pick a pearl and then the setting you like and they will make it up for you. Make sure you know what you are doing if spending a lot of money here.

2  Thank FionaPerthWA
"silk street"
"buy something"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Most of the items are knock offs or lower end products & I was expecting the real thing. I am into the electronics, tee shirts & trinkets and I felt I was able to fair better finding what I wanted at reasonable prices while on the town. If you are into jewelry(Pearls & Jade) then this is your place & while she shops for the pearls you can look around.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There are too many inexperienced buyers patronizing this place. Especially Americans, who don't know how to bargain for good prices. They see something that they think if nice, and it may be a little cheaper than back in the US, however the price in China should be much much lower since this is where everything is made. I have seen better prices in Bangkok, or other cities. The saleswomen on the 2nd floor are very aggressive, to the point they grab you and push you back into their stall preventing you from leaving. It was difficult to even look and see what they had because they are in your face offering you what they want to sell, instead of you picking out your own item.
In the lower level by the food court is where we got counterfeit 100 Yuan notes from the Agriculture Bank of China ATM. Do not trust those machines!!!! Read the forums about counterfeit money, and how cashiers are quick to change out real notes for fake notes.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My family was on a group tour and we were scheduled to go to the Temple of Heaven but I had read that the Pearl Market was close by. It was actually directly across the street, so we ditched the group tour to do some shopping. The internet states it opens at 9:30, but it didn’t open until 10:00 so we only had 30 minutes to shop. This place is huge, so we hurried through it and picked up the most items for the best prices in our 10 day trip. We went to the bizarre in Shanghai and the prices were much higher and they didn’t bargain as much. This is a great place to pick up cheaper items to take home to family and friends. Be ready to bargain and start at 1/10 of the price and go up to the price you feel comfortable with. You can get some amazing deals. I just wish we would have had at least a half day here.

1  Thank Luv2GoArlingtonTX
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I visit HongQIao Pearl market last week ,and try to get some gife for my friends. I walked from the 1st floor ,they sale for scarf and electrics,second floor is for luggage and clothes,the most interest is upstairs,it's attact me very much ,there are the pearls world,third floor is cheap pearls ,if you want something for fun or feak brand jewelry,the fouth floor are the best ,i walked all the stores ,and i stopped at FangHua ,that is a beautiful place,all the real pearls and nice quality ,all the saleslady can speak very good english ,and sevice well ,the most important thing is ,FangHua has opened in HongQiao Market more than 30 years ,and served more than 130 importanr members of the government and famous person,i bought several thing from there ,if i have time i would like to come back again.

1  Thank julie19870105