New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #170 of 6,158 Hotels in Beijing
London, United Kingdom
“location, location, location....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

As an art lover, I think this is the only and the best place to stay in Beijing. I had a wonderful time wandering round all the galleries, found some new interesting works from artists I did not know previously and was reacquainted with works of well established artists, namely that of Wu Guanzhong, the father of modern Chinese painting - an artist who I admired 20 years ago when I was studying in Beijing and that I have all but forgotten.
I was very very VERY spoilt at Grace - from the initial glass of champagne at check in to the wonderful made to order breakfasts; from the wonderfully CLEAN and airy room to my own very large bathroom - what a difference it was to when I was last in Beijing as a student staying at the university campus - then, I had to share room and bathroom, and had daily 'run ins' with rats and all types of creepy crawlies - ugh!!!
Had a fabulous lunch sitting outside on the terrace with friends and a wonderful intimate dinner in the restaurant with my husband. The restaurant staff were friendly, courteous and extremely helpful.
Loved the photograph which was in my room - man with head in towels - made me smile every time I saw it - the artwork in the rest of the hotel I found to be quite quirky and humorous.
Yes, it is a teeny tiny bit inconvenient to get to and from the centre of Beijing but then why would anyone want to leave? I would stay and wait for Beijing to move its centre to 798!

Front desk / check in - complimentary champagne
Room - large, cool and airy
Bathroom - large
Breakfast - made to order

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank psyap

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

If you love quirky small hotels that offer unobtrusive yet very friendly individual service, not forgetting fantastic food, Grace, Beijing has to be somewhere not to miss.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank acg1960
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I travel to China approx 30% of my time from Los Angeles, and the Grace/Yi Art house hotel is my top favorite respite from the day to day chaos and clamor of business in China. It is very close to the Airport: I choose it also when I have a layover choice that only allows a single night.

The staff was welcoming and very helpful about the area and the galleries. One is greeted with champagne at the reception, and for my stays had imported Shiraz wine in the rooms. The rooms and hallways are airy; the decor its own modern style. The food at Fennel, the on site restaurant is fantastic and the service spot on. They have live bands quite often from what I can gather, and the atmosphere is peaceful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Connecticut, Greenwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Traveling to Beijing for research on 798, I chose to stay at the Grace Beijing. With a quick airport express ride (25Y) and Cab ride (15Y), the Grace Beijing is not only convenient from PEK, but it is ideal for anyone who loves art or plans to focus their trip on the 798 art district.

When my luggage was lost, the front desk called Air China for me and dealt with my issue, returning it back in two days!

I stayed at the Grace Beijing for two weeks and had an amazing time, the customer service was the best that I had experienced not only in China, but throughout all of my travels. To give two specific examples, I had mentioned to the front desk that I wanted to take public transportation to Panjiayuan Shichang. The head breakfast server (they give a great complimentary breakfast) told me that if I was in no rush, he could take me on his way home.
I had many experiences in which several of the hotel's customer service would run into me while in the city.

Moreover, during my last week I ran into Roberto who is absolutely wonderful and he stated that he noticed my two-week long stay. He said that he saw there had been a few vacant rooms and immediately offered to upgrade me into one of the suites. Roberto was incredibly kind and it was a pleasure to hear his experiences about Grace Hotels in Asia.

Although its location is a bit more inconvenient (you need to take the bus or cab to the subway), the Grace Beijing is definitely worth it.

Between the customer service, included breakfast, fresh flowers, and of course accessibility to art right out your door, the Grace Beijing is the best hotel in the 798 District.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

After a few days in busy, hectic Beijing, it felt like sanctuary to get away to the art district. The hotel is modern and quite nice in decor, with very comfortable bedding, though perhaps the bathroom had a couple of kinks in its fixtures. The included breakfast was lovely, and the service provided during breakfast dining was excellent. The front desk was adequate though due to the language barrier, some requests were not so easily understood. However, overall, it was a lovely place to stay, especially to enjoy the artworks within and around the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple