“Amazing dinner at Dianke Dianlai”
Review of Dianke Dianlai

Dianke Dianlai
Ranked #612 of 13,063 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Yunnan
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Description: Delicious Chinese cuisine well prepared and beautifully presented in this different, yet rewarding restaurant.
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I arranged to dine here after reading reviews of other diners. Our hotel called to make the reservation for us. We did have a little trouble finding it, even with the detailed directions of other reviewers (for which we were thankful!). The meal was delicious, beautiful, and memorable. The service was attentive and friendly. We would recommend this to anyone planning a trip to Beijing.

Date of visit: September 2011
4  Thank EagerReader

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This place is a hidden gem. We did have a tough time finding the place and you should look at the photo on reviews of the front door which will hopefully help of you are visiting – and I recommend you do. We had pre-booked through our hotel and once we arrived we fumbled through the language barrier to choose the 198 rmb fixed price for 14 dishes and we also ordered drinks. We thoroughly enjoyed the food. We had a mixture of fish, meat and vegetable dishes. I cannot say that I loved all fourteen but i loved most of them and enjoyed trying them all. The quality was higher than most of what we came across in China.

Date of visit: September 2011
4  Thank flan_1969
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I had a business dinner last night in Beijing & decided at the last minute not to eat in the hotel so I quickly looked up trip advisor for a place close by. This place came up & I took a chance. It was excellent. 4 of us just arrived with no booking & were immediately seated. It was a Tuesday night & only 4 tables were in use. From what I could see propanol 25% full. There was another table with 4 westerners. It is small but clean with good food. You need to be prepared for the enterance as it is in a Hutong & beside a local shop & lots of smokIng taxi drivers as you go in.
As most places in china still a lot of smOking in the Restuarant which I hate, but was not disturbed. Not sure if there is a non smoking section.
I would definetly go back for food & atmosphere

2  Thank Africapaddy
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Yes it is hidden. It is in a hutong and has no particular sign outdoor other than the big number showing its address. Ince inside you will find that the staff speak practically no english. This is not a problem as it is a fixed menu. The only decision is whether to drink tea or beer..
There is plenty of food, several types and all very good. This is not a fancy high-end restaurant but a very authentic experience. The good thing about Yunnan food for a westerner is that there is no surprise. This is very accessible food and one of the best value for the money in Beijing.

Date of visit: June 2011
4  Thank Jean-Pierre D
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We got the small tasting menu which consisted of:

Sweet beans
Spicy noodle soup
Minced pork with veg
Grapes
Water beers

Hidden in a hutong and a bit hard to find. Smaller set menu was more than enough food. Service was very good. Almost every course was very good. "a hidden gem".

Date of visit: August 2011
3  Thank bearshark

Been to Dianke Dianlai? Share your experiences!