Mercure Beijing Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rujia Hostel(Beijing)
View Hotel
View Hotel
All reviewsnice hoteltea coffee making facilitiesdecent staysmall thingsbreakfast was includedfood streetgroup tourbusiness tripthe air conditioningchinese foodstayed here for nightspleasant staycomfortable roomsdumplingsenglishchinataxi
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Housekeeping is very poor! Rooms and hallways smell of cigarette smoke! Hotel needs to update Plumbing. Room Size and Bathroom style and size are great! Buffet good, and ladies in bar were good, along with good selection of liquor.
Security at hotel also good!
Just need improved plumbing and housekeeping service needs to big upgrade, or more inspection after cleaning.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Mercure_Beijing, Front Office Manager at Mercure Beijing Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear Sir&Madam,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Beijing Downtown.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Irean Wu

Assistant Front Office Manager

Mercure Beijing Downtown

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

arriving in the late night, 23:30, we had to go inside the hotel ouself to get somebody to help with luggage!
check-in took a lot time. didn't got an upgrade as a gold member although the hotel was not fully booked! didn't got any information about breakfast or special offers to club members!
no welcome drink - no vip treatment!
the room was large but everything looked very used. on the walls everywhere you could see marks of scotch tape which was not cleaned proporly!
bed was good. bathroom was ok too.
breakfast was ok too.
trying to get more information about the privileges for gold members - the lady was busy with her phone and telling me i have to wait...
that was the moment we decided to quit the hotel as fast as possible!
by the way there are work in progress about we haven't been i formed in the moment of booking!!
got an email with apologises, but the bad expirience continued... still waiting for the points and night to be credited to my account... its now 10 days ago, even sent 2 emails but no answer...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Mercure_Beijing, Front Office Manager at Mercure Beijing Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Dear Sir&Madam,
Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay at our hotel. I was very disappointed to learn that you had an unsatisfactory stay experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for those areas where we have fallen short of your expectations.

I noticed that you are our Gold Member and actually we prepare the free welcome coupon for all Silver members, I will investigated about it and re-focus on training in our respective departments to ensure we avoid any future disappointments. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience experienced during you stay and thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your comments with us.Your membership integral points successfully.
We understand that we still have work to do to continuously improve our service quality standards and service consistency. Certainly, your valuable comments will benefit us in our growth and service enhancement. Sincerely!

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed as part of a tour group during the October golden week. The hotel wasn't particularly busy. The front of house staff were helpful and reasonably efficient. The hotel is typical of the Mercure chain, although the room we stayed in was looking a little on the tired side. The ensuite shower was effective, but leaked onto the bathroom floor and there was a little mould growing on the grout of the shower tiles. The breakfasts were substantial, with a really good choice of dishes and cuisines. We didn't eat dinner in the hotel, but preferred to eat out locally - see my review of the Dayali Roast Duck (Baiziwan Shop), which is very close by. The only real criticism we had of the hotel was the one time our local guide had arranged for us to have our breakfast 10 minutes early to allow us to miss the morning traffic, the catering staff refused us access into the restaurant until the usual opening time. A heated exchange of Mandarin ensued! Otherwise, you get what you pay for. Tip - try and get a room at the rear of the hotel. It's much quieter!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Mercure_Beijing, Front Office Manager at Mercure Beijing Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We stayed at the Mercure Beijing Downtown for 3 nights in September while on a group tour of China. The hotel is in the centre of this very congested city but was a lovely, quiet oasis away from the hustle and bustle. We stayed in room 1509 on the fifth floor. It was a large comfortable room with ample storage and enough space to set down our cases without tripping over them. There was a small desk and sitting area. We had a room safe, TV, free Wi-Fi and internet point, mini fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, air con, hairdryer, 2 bottles complimentary mineral water daily. There was a large bathroom with spacious walk-in shower, ample storage space for our bits and pieces, lovely thick bath towels plus towelling face flannels, a few complimentary toiletries, bathroom scales, bath robes and complimentary slippers. The lighting in the bathroom was not particularly good for putting on your make-up and, if I remember rightly (like many modern hotel these days) the bedroom had poor lighting too. However, there was a useful nightlight which you could use to help you to find the bathroom in the dark. The hotel offers a quick laundry service. We did not dine in during our stay so I can’t comment on the restaurant but breakfast offered a good selection of hot and cold buffet and staff were fine. There is a pool (but you need a swimming cap) and I think a gym too. The bar in the lobby however was extremely slow in serving drinks on each of the 3 evening we were there. Just could not see why there was such a problem with just a few drinks.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We were placed in this hotel as part of a Wendy Wu tour. I was not disappointed with their choice. I am an accor hotels loyalty card holder so knew what to expect. Great hotel in a great location. I would certainly stay here again. Just a shame I couldn't add the nights stayed to my loyalty account.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil-Bram
Mercure_Beijing, Front Office Manager at Mercure Beijing Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Sir,