US$306
Official Website
US$209
US$123
  • Restaurant
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$251
US$141
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$220
US$104
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$427
  • Breakfast included
US$356
US$316
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 December 2014

I ended up staying here for two nights before giving in and moving elsewhere.
It's in the middle of no where away from all of Beijing's sights. And it's a decent walk to the subway station so get anywhere. The area is very rundown and I imagine it's a part of Beijing that will be bulldozed in the near future and replaced with a far more modern Beijing that you see everywhere else. The shops around this hostel are similar to what you would find in Bangladesh and you'd be brave to eat from them. The wonderful staff will direct you towards some nearby restaurants but they're quite terrible and the offerings include things like fatty sheep intestines and fairly much any part of an animal except for the muscle.
The room is very basic but is well priced. The bathroom and shower was very basic and quite uncomfortable when it was -9 degrees outside. The toilet paper appeared to be a half-dam clump of paper (I think that's what it was).
In summary, the staff were friendly, the prices were good but the room was poor and it's in a terrible area.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

During 2 nights stay here, we found this hotel was a good choice. The room was not too brilliant but great enough for our budget. The location was great in Beijing. the owner and staffs worked at the best efforts. Breakfast was simple but lovely and tasty.

• Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This hostel is far away from everything. You have to walk a lot from the metro station. The neighbourhood is not the best. It is totally safe, but there's nothing there.

The hostel is a bit hidden in an alley. As I said it is a safe area but the place is very isolated.

The hostel is pretty basic. The showers are filthy and full of mosquitoes. The rooms are comfortable. Do not expect more than a bed to sleep if you come here. The staff is not particularly nice.

If you need somewhere to stay and don't have much money or choice, this is the place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

A short walk from the subway at the end of a narrow laneway you will find this hidden gem. The delightful personality of owner Sammy and her staff have created a friendly atmosphere with secure and comfortable rooms and shared central courtyard and other facilities. It's only 100m away from a large traditional Chinese market that will consume your senses. I recommend this hostel as a convenient base for your adventures in Beijing and as a friendly home to return to each evening to share your stories with fellow travellers.

Room Tip: There is a good range of rooms with different sizes and facilities, some with sun exposure that stay warm in winter, and others in shade that are ideal cool summer retreats.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Inner City hostel in December 2013. I was studying in Hong Kong and decided to make a short trip to the capital of China before the semester was over. The communication with the hostel personnel was very good. I got an email with all the necessary information on how to get to the hostel from the airport, their telephone number and suggestions for day trips (e.g. to the great wall of China). I arrived relatively late and was welcomed by the staff who showed me the room, which was nice and clean, big and comfortable bed).

I realize all of this is pretty standard. The great thing about this place comes now:

On my first day I wanted to visit the forbidden city. I went there and unfortunately I got scammed by 2 women performing the tea-house scam (google it before you visit China!). I lost 2000 Yuan (250€; 350$) and didn't know what to do. For me as a student that was a LOT of money. It was my own naivety and blindness, but still... I told the staff of the Inner City hostel and they were just so helpful! The hostel manager called friends of her's and arranged a small group that we went back to the teahouse with. We confronted the scammers and I got more than half of the lost money back. And all of that because the staff and the manager of the Inner City hostel cared for me. They wanted me to have a good time in China and see the beauty of the country. They took it personally that one of their guests was scammed and tried everything to make it up, although they didn't have to. They are truly great people. I was also offered dinner countless times and we sat together often in the evening talking with each other and other guests. I had a really good time there! Thank you, Inner City!

One of the guests even joined me on my mission to find the teahouse (After losing so much money I didn't think about remembering the exact location. I only knew roughly where the teahouse was.): Dan, if you read this, thank you so much for helping me the other day with the teahouse thing! I don't know how to reach you, but be sure that I am forever grateful for what you did those days.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo