New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$150
NewWorldHotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

US$188
US$190
  • Breakfast included
US$146
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$325
US$287
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We spent 7 nights in this beautiful hostel and I just can say it was the perfect choice!! The staff was very friendly always and helped with whatever we needed (trips, washing machine, ...).
It is loacated in a traditional "Hutong" and about 10 minutes away from the subway station. A local market hall is located just across the street where you can buy food and drinks. In the hostel kitchen you can cook and store your food. The rooms are clean and nice. All accessible from the Patio.
Several times a week we cooked and had dinner together with hostel staff which was a great experience and we met a lot of different people and had great evenings together talking, laughing and exchanging experiences.
The hostel is a little hard to find when you come the first time (even the taxi driver had problems to find it) but after calling the hostel we finally found it - and had our individual Hutong tour already.

Dear Samy and Rain, thank you so much for the great days we had with you!! We very much enjoyed staying with you!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We spent 5 nights in this hostel in Beijing and i can't regret our choice. The staff was very friendly always ready to answer our questions and help with whatever we needed. The rooms are ok, as well as bathrooms - the only strange thing about them is that there is no pool in the shower - the water is faling directly on the ground - therefore when you get shower, everything around gets wet.

Just in front of the hostel there is a small market when you can buy fresh cookies, meat (in case you want to cook something - there is a small kitchen for guests' disposal), vagatables etc.
We were going to the market almost every day - the breakfast served in the hostel is very basic - toasts + marmalade. You can prepare yourself a coffee and tea all the time. Be careful - the milk they use is made from beans - quite strange taste for foreigners.There are few small supermarkets around as well.

The hostel is located within the hutongs - it was great to see traditional chinese houses and 'real' people around doing loundry, playing cards etc. - I enjoyed it a lot but I understand as well that some people prefer more luxurious environment - if yes, then probably this hostel is not the best choice. One more comment - there are only 10 rooms there.

Relatively near (as for Beijing) there are 2 metro stations from where you can take a train to Tiannanmen squere (+ Forbidden City) and Summer Palace.

Don't forget it's a hostel not hotel - no towels nor toiletry are provided. Price per room might therefore result quite high - around 30 euros per double room with bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Baszenko
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hostel had a really laid back and friendly atmosphere to it. It was located away from the busy streets down a quiet ‘hutong’ and was about a 15 minute walk away from 2 subway stations which might sound far, but isn’t in Beijing (Xisi on Line 4 and Chegongzhuang on the central line). I found it very easy to navigate my way to Beijing’s tourist attractions from here – Tiananmen square was about a 10 minute subway ride away.

It was a bit of a local area nearby and there weren’t many restaurants with English menus, but despite the hostel not able to cook food they did have menus from local restaurants that they ordered from for us and we ate at the hostel. Breakfast was a basic DIY toast, jam and tea.

Our double room was nice and spacious, the bed was a bit firm but that’s not unusual in China. Activities were put on each night, eg dumpling making, which made it easy to meet other people. The hostel also had a couple of PCs for the guests to use for free. The staff were very friendly and helped us to book train tickets and a tour to the great wall. When we booked our room we were sent plenty of information on how to get to the hostel which was very helpful. Only downside was that I think the rooms were a bit expensive.

Tip: When visiting the Great Wall we went to Jinshanling section which was a 3 hour coach trip away. It was almost deserted and hasn’t been over developed like some of those closer to the city have. The views we had were really stunning.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike204
Reviewed 22 November 2011

From the four locations that I stayed at in China (cheap and expensive ones), this hostel was clearly the most low-budget, but from my p.o.v. I would choose this one again out of the four. I had a single room with individual bath (shower, toilet). I very much enjoyed the familiar atmosphere and the convenience. That was:
- nice neighbourhood (hutong) and 15 min footwalk to next subway station, central
- kitchen with possibility to prepare and store my own food
- staff spoke English and was very helpful and nice (different from other even expensive hotels)
- "living room" (lounge) with "public" pc's to use
- drinks are sold cheaply
What I value most was that I had the possibility to "breath" in some Chinese air and be among the people - a possibility that I did not have sitting alone in the rooms of luxury hotels with minibar and flatscreen. Thanks for the stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ester H
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I stayed here based on the reviews but felt misled. This hostel is extremely basic and run down. I couldn't sleep the entire night beause my blanket did not feel clean. The courtyard is filled with junk and looks very messy and dusty. I suppose it's fine if you're a student and trying to save money, except that it's not a good value for money. I left this place and stayed at a budget hotel for the same price and enjoyed all the comforts of a nice clean hotel--but then I'm comparing the prices of a double ensuite. Oh, and this place charges 20 yuan just to use a towel! I'm sure you can do much better elsewhere.

The girls at the front desk seemed nice, but the boy was quite aggressive and rude. He should not be working at a front desk.

The subway is quite far, a 15-20 minute walk. I really don't understand the good reviews. I think you have to be careful when reading them, especially in China. I've had people ask me to write a good review--not here, another place. So, just be wary.

Room Tip: Reserve one night and go see for yourself.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends