“Good hotel”

Quanji Beijing Dashanzi Qiao 798 Art Zone
Ranked #847 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We were booked into this hotel by our travel agents, Travel Tours, Bangalore. It's rather far from the City Centre or Downtown (closer to the Airport and the Art District though).
The hotel is pretty decent. The 2nd-floor room we got was spacious enough for three beds (parents and me). We had to cart our own bags to our rooms, no bellboy service. Rather dim lighting though. Also, it's window was facing into the hotel lobby. So, not much natural lighting. The beds were a little hard, but not uncomfortable. The A/C was great! They provide a water heater and tea sachets, but no coffee makers and creamers. The bathroom was spacious. Closet space was sufficient.
The hotel provided us with complimentary breakfasts. The buffet breakfast was well-stocked (cereals, meats, eggs, bread, juice, veggies, etc). Since we were going out all day with our tour group, we didn't get time to have lunch or dinner here.
All in all, a decent experience for budget travelers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rahul K
There are newer reviews for Quanji Beijing Dashanzi Qiao 798 Art Zone

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have an extended contract to work at a gallery in 798. This is one of the closest places to stay near 798. I made a booking online for an extended stay and when I got there they tried to change the rates on me and withhold some other guarantees like free wifi. I had to renegotiate and fight for things that where already confirmed on my booking. My first room was extremely loud as it was located next to the service lift that bangs and rattles all night and all morning. When I moved to another room it became evident that the whole hotel has paper thin walls and you can here everything. The design of the hotel is bizarre. The hallways and doors are on the outer perimeter so that all the actual rooms are located on the inner part of the hotel. Windows look down onto the lounge, lobby, front desk and other rooms. This creates a dome/chamber of echos from all the people that hang around the lobby at all hours. They have no enforced policy about noise and 4/5's of the hotel can only use the wifi in the lobby so people are hanging out down there at all hours. If you actually value rest and sleep this is not the place for you. The room cleaners start going around at and knocking on doors at 6:30-7:00am. The wheels on their carts rumble and echo down the hallways like a semi-truck and they chatter loudly without concern for their guests rest. The name of this hotel may be in English but that is the only english you will find as not a single staff member can speak any english. Also I had an experience where the hotel security broke into my room while I was there because I had headphones on and didn't hear the phone or the knocking and my light was on. Can you imagine how invasive they would feel? Furthermore someone who stayed in the room before me must have been washing food down the bathroom sink that remained halfway down and was rotting. There where children's stickers put all over the bathtub and left half peeling, stained and corroded. Why not just get a wire-brush and get rid of them? Oh, also the whole place smells like cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, I highly recommend to give this place a miss even if it is more affordable and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel , Hotel was picked by SONA TOURS of London , we were kept in dark side about hotels in China during our 14 day holiday
Fisttly the is NO Concierge , No luggage porter , we had to carry luggage both ways our self. Room was terrible , smelly and bed was hard as rock
Restaurant had very poor service for Breakfast , Food was below standard , rest was Chinese food, Only 1 small toaster in corner , NO forks and knife , No milk , no butter , above all no staff to talk to , when we asked milk for Tea/Coffe , they demanded money , tour manager was not intrested

Any one travelling with SONA TOURS of London (Edgware) think 10 times

Our group was of 42 PAX, Tour manager collected 14 x 5 x 42 = $2940.00 for tips for above services compulsory from all of us , this is what we got

Room Tip: No good rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ghanshyam1949
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I booked into this hotel as I had an early flight from Beijing airport and it was better located than a city centre hotel for this purpose. I had no expectations, as I paid a meagre amount for the room. Upon arrival, check-in was efficient, although not enormously courteous. The porter didn't help with the luggage - just watched us take it to the lift, then pressed the button for the wrong floor and left us to get on with it. The corridors were filled with cigarette smoke, and were a bit like a labyrinth! However, once inside the bedroom, there was no residual smell of smoke which was a relief to me. The room was spacious and well equipped, and the bed was comfortable. The carpet could have done with a vaccuum. In the bathroom (which had a bath as well as a shower) there were cracks in the tiling and the bathroom door wouldn't close properly. But it was clean, and there was plenty of hot water and towels. In all, the room was fine for an overnight - much better than I was expecting. There was good wifi acces in the lobby, but not in the rooms. The breakfast selection wasn't great - but it sufficed - quite enough to set me up for the long travel day ahead. Check-out was efficient, and overall, the place was okay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ME13
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Let me start with good things,location ok,rooms are clean.But if you are in beijing than you can have much better options with the same price.
For foreigners its not a suggested ,staff cant speak english.Food is only chinees.Breakfast is also chinees.The hotel looks deserted,no one in the lobby.No bell boy ,no help to get a taxi.

Room Tip: explore before choosing.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business