New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$227
US$126
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$178
US$172
Trip.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Definitely not flash but the bed was comfortable ( I like a hard bed), the amenities were not amazing but they served the purpose. I found the staff really helpful. However when we arrived at 4 am in the morning straight from the airport, the girl at the desk said she wanted us to pay cash. We said no we didn't have xpcash as we had just arrived in the country and booking.com had stated that we could pay by card....so we did. Unfortunately, not a lot of staff speak English but we got by with signs and smiles. Breakfast was nothing fancy but it filled a spot but we did eat dinner in the restaurant and it was quite delicious.
It is quite tricky to find the hotel so that can be a little frustrating at first especially if it is the middle of the night.
Don't expect flash but seriously we were hardly there. Just to sleep. Rooms were quiet and it did what we required it tomdo for very little price.

Room Tip: Ask for. Room at the back
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I booked this hotel on Expedia. We arrived at the hotel without any Struggle, ..After a week long stay in shanghai holiday inn express...We landed in this hotel...Which is a terrible place...First thing is only one hotel staff spoke english and he too didnt understand what we were trying to say..Next The Walls of the rooms are so thin so that somebody knocks on the other rooms door you willl think its yours....The Toilet was dirty....The hotel is behind a football field...So nonstop chatter and cheering sounds during the day....Breakfast was 20 RMB ...It was like terrible...The restaurant had dead fish on the fish tank....Poor maintanence....and One the Good side...The hotel is near Banks and The Metro station and the evening market...When you cross the road after 5 pm there are many people selling stuff like mobile cases, blankets, street food, toys, dolls etc...You could get it at a very cheap price....and also Mcdonalds and other restaurants selling good food is nearby....And The wired internet is good..Main tourist attractions like Tianenmen square and Forbidden city and the Beijing aquatics centre and the Birds nest all are just a 20 RMB taxi ride away.....Please download a translation software in your phone before you go to this hotel...Or spend a few more bucks and stay at a better place...

Room Tip: The lift is very busy...So stay at the first floor...Its better
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AjayViswas
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Took hours to find the place, although this wasn't entirely the hotel's fault... the location is wrong on some hotel booking websites and also google maps and the hotel is completely concealed behind another building making it very difficult to find. Only booked this place because I believed it was near to Andingmen tube station which it is not. On arrival waited over 20 minutes to be checked in as the phone kept ringing and the receptionist made me wait to deal with them first. Typical appalling Chinese service. There was another receptionist but she was far too busy counting money to assist. Again, typical Chinese. Passports were taken out of the hotel to be copied and when I asked for them back was told "10 minutes". After half an hour in the room they hadn't arrived so I went back to the desk to retrieve them. Bathroom is dark and dirty, sheets weren't clean enough and beds are hard even by Chinese standards. The hotel is cheap, but is absolutely not value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I booked via HRS and paid around 30 USD for the room. Having read other reviews here, I didn't know what to expect, but was positively surprised upon arrival.

The room was clean and included all the necessities and more. Clean towels (changed every day), a large flat screen TV, water boiler and mugs, a desk with internet connection (cable only, definitely fast enough for some surfing and emails) and a fantastic shower. The shower delivers hot water with a good pressure and nothing could have been better after my long journey to Beijing.

My room was in the fourth floor and did not face the sports field in the back of the hotel. Since the building is not located right next to the street, it was mostly quiet in my room. Once or twice I was woken up by people chatting in the hallway but other than that I had a good night sleep. The bed is harder than what I am used to but it caused me no problems.

I ate at the restaurant two times and it was good at an affordable price. I had the noodle and the dumplings which can be found on the last few pages in the menu. Can recommend those!

The only problems I faced were that I couldn't use my Visa card to pay so I had to go get cash at the nearby ATM. Then apparently their printer malfunctioned and they wanted to send me off without receipt, but after telling them I would need it they got it for me at another printer.

I wonder why other reviews are so bad here. Maybe it depends on which room you get and what your expectations are. I myself had a pleasant stay and wouldn't mind staying there again.

Final remark: I tried to find the hotel using Google maps but it pointed me to the wrong place! I was lucky enough that someone finally helped me and brought me to the right place. Maybe you should ask the staff to send you the address in Chinese to print out beforehand.

Oh and I accidentally just now rated swimming pool and gym which they actually don't have. My bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the sports field
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2012

It was a basic hotel room. 15min walk from Andingmen subway station. The room was two single bed room and the only negative thing was that the beds were like rocks. Very uncomfortable to sleep. Otherwise, the room was clean and it served us well. The stuff didn't speak very good English, but that's very common in Beijing.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple