Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$136
eDreamsUS$136
TripadvisorUS$136
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Etrip
All reviews asante sana rooms are clean hotel room pool area all inclusive package pahadi isaac gym tuks pocket tide africa
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2021

Although visiting during the Corona Pandemic, I had expected more for 150 USD/per night.

The gardens are lovely and well kept, attracting a lot of birds and give a pleasant feel to the place. Pool is nice and well kept but the seating at the pool terraces lack enough umbrella's so one has to continue to move to remain in the shade. When asked for an extra umbrella the pool attendant said he would get one within 15 minutes. When leaving the pool 4 hours later still no umbrella...

Upon check-in we couldn't get a second room key ("we're fully booked", during a pandemic when tourism is at an all-time low). Later, when trying with another employee there was suddenly no problem... In hindsight, it didn't matter anyway since the doorlock wasn't working and the room could not be locked. Even after maintenance had a look at it, it kept having issues.

The TV wasn't working, none of the channels was clear enough to view some news or a film. Dismal.

The snack-menu is highly deceiving. The front says "350KES-all bites" for some bite but you have to take three and will have to pay 1,050KES regardless. Even if you say you only want one (possible according to the waiter), you will get served three of the same and pay the full amount. Upon mentioning the waiter shrugged, was not interested and waited for the signature on the bill.

Breakfast is reasonable, though choice is quite limited and it seems staff has been ordered not to put too much on you plate, so you have to push them to add if you have a bigger appetite. The last day my omelette was underdone (not to say raw). Upon mentioning this staff offered to do another one, but we had a plane to catch. It should simply not happen. Saying sorry is sometimes to easy...

For a hotel that says it has high standards we were very disappointed. Mainly because of the attitude of the staff (not interested) and the poor state of maintenance. Next time we will fork out the extra money and go to a Sarova or Serena.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2021 via mobile

The hotel has a great unique atmosphere. Awesome view to the ocean, built direct within a cliff, nice walking ways with stairs to the beach, turtels, perfect pool with great service for relaxing. All day it's very quite. So it's nice to come down after busy days. Also the beach is beautiful, because the tide makes it very special. If the water is high, it's nice for swimming. If it'low, you can walking.
Great service and very kind persons made our stay perfect. Asante sana.
The hotel is also perfect located.
Nearby are always tuk tuks to go to different beaches, bars and restaurants or to go to Mombasa Old Town. We would recommend to have dinner once in The Moorings, a Mocktail at Kingston Beachbar and walk to Yuls for a lovely Cappuccino.
The rooms are all with balcony and some having a wonderful view to the ocean. The AC works well and WIFI is everywhere with good speed.
To mention is the pressure of water in shower could be better and the food could be more varied in vegetarian dishes.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2021

I’ve heard many good things about this hotel but my experience as miserable. The wifi and tv in my room didn’t work. Went to the reception where they sent the “maintance guy” He said the remote had no batteries and the he would reset the wifi. I never saw or heard from him again. Tried calling the reception and the no one was picking. The following day, I went for breakfast. I kept calling for a waiter to get some tea since there is no self service. They said they’d come but none appeared for the 40 mins I was there. I asked the FB manager (I think) and he said he’d organize. I waited another 10minutes -nothing. Only to find him relaxing on seats chatting. Interesting observation is the waiters started coming my side once foreign visitors started sitting next to me. Nonetheless, I was not served. I’m giving it 1 star especially for the pancake and water I took for breakfast. I’d not recommend for a solo local tourist.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mzururaji
Reviewed 5 August 2021 via mobile

The hotel is amazing, with a great structure and awsome staff, very nice people! Isaac, Bella, Vanessa and all guys are extremelly carefull and friendlly! He had a great time in Bahari! I recomended and will come back!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2021

Perfectly adequate hotel with a beautiful ocean view (I would not recommend walking on the beach as it’s sort of overrun with touts and vagrants.) Rooms are clean and well-maintained. I think some of the terror stuff in recent years + obviously COVID have seriously hurt their business but it’s still a beautiful hotel. If interested in visiting Old Town, I recommend requesting one of their regular drivers, Frederick Musita, he is excellent

Date of stay: June 2021