“Good choice for any meals”
Review of Java House Nyali

Java House Nyali
Ranked #27 of 177 Restaurants in Mombasa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 November 2019 via mobile

Very nice place, a lot of choice for breakfast. For lunch and dinner sandwiches, Mexican plate and salads. Very kind staff. Easy to reach.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (137)

Reviewed 18 November 2019 via mobile

The condensation of air Co is dripping on seats next to the staircase.
I know the Java houses this one is not good.
If I compare with the one in Entebbe ug here is 50% less good, it's just like ordenaery

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 2 November 2019

very nice ambiance but just average food. nice service thou.
hamburger was plain, roasted fish as well, good espresso coffee.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Spartacus747
Reviewed 29 October 2019

A regular coffee drinker at Java. Ordered enchiladas for brunch once, very bland flavours of the stuffing refried beans, tortilla was way undercooked was raw on the inside. Had a ranchero breakfast another day, same again tortilla not cooked on the inside & very bland the egg stuffing had no salt & eggs were grey in color...

Chips could be better looking when served. Always look limp refried....

Otherwise all greatly served by professional staff from coffees to cakes & pastries...

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 1 October 2019

Went to The Nyali Centre for breakfast and ordered the Java Combo because it had a lovely picture on the menu showing two beautiful fried eggs, with golden yolks, sunny side up, and great looking saute potatoes (called homefries). When my coffee arrived I asked for the WiFi code which didn't work on either of my phones. I tried to ask the waitress for help but she ignored me and wandered off. When my food arrived the potatoes were stone cold. Not just cooling, like they had been served too early, before the other food was ready, but cold like they were cooked yesterday and, instead of reheating them, someone had served them straight from the fridge. The whites and yolks of the eggs had been mashed together. I suppose I should have expected this as the Kenyans do not like runny yolks but why provide such a deceiving picture. There was no one around to complain too, no one came to ask me if it was ok and when I placed my plate over the other side of the table it was collected without the waitress saying a word. Ten minotes later the bill was slapped on the table without any one even asking if I would like anything else! I considered asking for the manager. For a fleeting second I considered leaving without paying but I certainly didn't leave a tip. I just won't be going back.

Date of visit: September 2019