“Huge portions”

Tarboush Cafe
Ranked #3 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Mombasa
Cuisines: African
Dining options: After-hours
Description: They are best in Biryani, Pilau and Kebabs in mombasa town. Most visited by locals.
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic value. Good quality and large portions. Gets busy lunchtimes.
Eat inside near a flykiller machine!
As its too popular with flies.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The place is conveniently located next to a police station, the service is fast and with friendly staff.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Well, the truth is, I have found myself visiting Tarboush every lunch hour am in Mombasa, I do not think there's any other place I will find shawarman as good as is at Tarboush. Anyone intending to eat out while in Mombasa kindly start by visiting this place, you will not regret it.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch with a friend for a pilau afternoon, and trust me guys, it was Worth every penny we spent. Their pilau is very tasty and delicious, with a fresh mango juice. Looking forward to visit tarboush again and again. I recommend everyone to visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Good food for a busy afternoon at this eatery. The pilaf was tasty and flavorful I could taste the spices, the beef kebab, the pita bread chicken sharwama was marvelous well made, tasty and extremely palatable with great aroma. I enjoyed it. The chicken tikka wet my palate I loved it I would have it again and again. However service is lousy it takes a cool 20 mins to get your drink order taken and then another 5mins for your meal order taken. They don’t have enough servers these same waiters make the whole experience look chaotic. They are rude and confused and to cap it all after our meal they brought us an inflated bill with wrong details and prices when you try to sort it out the waiter was defensive and still maintained that the bill presented is correct. Crafty waiters anyone visiting this eatery kindly take a good moment to go through your check over and over and make sure it’s not inflated by the waiter.