Baobab Holiday Resort
Agoda.com
US$149
US$49
US$117
All reviewsgolden chopstickssmall thingsbeach accessan amazing hotelpoolsholidayoperativenairobi
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Relatives of ours here in Mombasa eat at Gold Chopsticks quite regularly especially at the Sunday buffet where it is eat all you want. Situated just inside the Baobab Holiday Resort, this restaurant is quite large and when we went there, deserted!

The staff know our relatives well and we're all smiles, quickly seating us down at a centre table. They have two menus, one for meat eaters and another for the veggies amongst us. Selection of dishes didn't take long and it was prepared and delivered promptly.

Our order was jumbo prawns in batter, chicken with cashews, fish in batter with a hot sour sauce, noodles and veg rice. All of it was hot and tasty. Not the best that we had ever eaten but decent fare nevertheless. The sauce along with the fish was very nice. Noodles oily but very good.

Overall, quite a good meal that, as we were being treated , we didn't have to pay for but prices seemed not too bad. As I said, the service was all smiles and they were always on hand to see to any other requests.

So good decent Chinese food that was satisfying but not exceptional.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bwanamdevu
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I used to love coming here but unknowingly one day we ordered spare ribs for starters and it was of pork. They knew perfectly that we are Muslims but they still served it to us.
I wear a hijab full time which is a universal symbol of Islam.

How dare they serve pork to us?!!!
It should be completely blacklisted for pure negligence and atrocious behavior.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank JND04
Reviewed 18 January 2017

very dark owners fitted the place with candle power lights.Nice big spiders from all the trees around the resort it is clean but not as clean as you would expect on holiday.It sits very close to the bamburi hotel and yules eating house you can get entertainment at the bamburi and good food at yules but baobab ?

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Be careful when booking a stay with this hotel.
I did a booking through booking.com and over a nights flight when I got to the reception they looked at my face and the booking and:" ooh your booking is not here:"
Struggled to charge my dying phone and laptop and when I eventually did .again ooh we do not recognise booking engines.
Then I white couple walks in and wants to book for a friend and all waiters and reception staff are all hands wide open and phew they get a booking.
The md was very helpful by offering a downgrade but for sure it's not about money or colour but comfort.

Will never forget rebooking to all ready full flights back to Nairobi.

Wish you luck in the low season pals

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank drjohn854
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

We ordered spring rolls golden fried prawns and soups for starters. The starters came out within minutes, but then the waiters all disappeared with out bringing any Soy sauce. I had to go and look for a waiter to ask for the sauce.

One of the main courses was sesame pork. The chunks of pork were huge; impossible to eat with chopsticks. See image.

During our whole meal, not a single waiter came to ask us how our meal was.

I wanted to pay by card, and the waiter tried to take my card away from the table.

They no longer offer free swimming with lunch.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family