“Great food and top notch service”
Review of Cafesserie Mombasa

Cafesserie Mombasa
Ranked #1 of 177 Restaurants in Mombasa
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2022 via mobile

My friend and I stopped here for dessert the other day after a long day in the sun. Her eyes popped out when she saw the dessert counter.
We ordered a blueberry cheesecake and chocodeux. While I was halfway through my delicious cheesecake, to my amazement she had already gobbled her chocodeux.
Service was spot on and the desserts were amazing!

Date of visit: March 2022
Write a reviewReviews (551)

Reviewed 19 December 2021 via mobile

I was so glad Cafesserie was only a 7-minute walk from where we staying in Mombasa. We went for for dinner on the first night of our vacation. The restaurant lived up to the ratings, except our food waitstaff was a bit slow. My kids got the bacon burger, salmon sandwich, and a Hawaiian pizza. My wife got the shrimp dish, and I got the red snapper with beetroot pasta and green hummus (loved it!). All of us were happy with our food. For dessert the kids got ice cream, and my wife and I got two cakes. Mine was the creme brûlée cake, I think. It was slightly frozen, and a-mazing. The next day we returned for breakfast pastries and coffees. We loved the pastries! Fresh and good variety. The day after that I got to-go desserts for date night with my wife back at our place. I got the blueberry cheesecake for myself, and she got the chocodeux. The cheesecake was ok, but my wife’s was so much better. Finally, we ate breakfast here on our last day. The kids got waffles with ice cream, my wife got the salmon and eggs on toast, and I got the English breakfast. We all liked what we ordered. So, in our 4 visits, we were happy with the food.

As for the service, aside from the slow service from our server on the first night, the staff was top notch. Very polite and welcoming. For example, the lady scooping the cream was so nice. She made the ice cream experience even more magical for our kids. The bakery staff was friendly. Just a great team overall. Kudos to the managers.

Consistency is a good thing in the restaurant business, and that’s why Cafesserie is rated the #1 restaurant in Mombasa on Trip Advisor.

Date of visit: December 2021
3  Thank Roc-Global
Reviewed 15 December 2021

Really nice menu and food really good standard like other best places in Kenya mombasa like yuls , a marina , and moorings and tamarind all good but expensive places to eat or drink . Problem I think is they forget its kenya not Europe and overcharge visitors although good standard for Africa in general it doesn't need overcharging putting people off coming as Europe and even USA and carribean destinations are not just closer to go to but cheaper too.

Date of visit: October 2021
1  Thank razor282
Reviewed 9 September 2021

Been awhile but still very nice place in the nyali mall . Bit overpriced but nice food and lovely staff .

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

I enjoyed the ambiance here, the staff are courteous, professional. The affogato is probably the best I have had in Mombasa. Food is great too.

Date of visit: August 2021