“Some of the best service in Mombasa”
Review of Shehnai Restaurant

Shehnai Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 177 Restaurants in Mombasa
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Shehnai Restaurant is known for the best Mughlai and Tandoori Cuisine in the Heart of Mombasa City. Its recognized for the Royal Ambiance and Personalized Service alongside the tantalizing and mouth watering dishes!!!
Reviewed 16 February 2022 via mobile

Restaurant is intimate. Server is very caring and attentive. Two gentlemen who seem like they might be the owners are also very warm and welcoming. The service is well thought out. All the food is delivered on a plate kept warm by a candle. Very nice experience, would highly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2022
Write a reviewReviews (179)

Reviewed 15 May 2021 via mobile

Perhaps the best Indian food I have ever had. The mix of spices was masterful to say the least. I recommend emphatically

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 8 May 2021

We, me and my wife, had our Iftaar dinner last Saturday, May 01, 2021; amazing service; excellent menu, super food quality; yes it costs a bit more than average but every penny is worth it. We are so happy we connected with Mr. Adam there; an exceptional person who served us very well; even the owner visited us; the top notch item was their Prawn Biryani, super tasty. Love it. worth visiting again and again.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 12 January 2021 via mobile

Happy to join in the positive reviews. My boyfriend and I had dinner here the other night on a stopover in Mombasa. The staff were very friendly and helped us with selecting some food, and what we got was very tasty. I had the palak paneer and he had a chicken curry dish. The manager (?) was also very helpful in identifying appropriate dishes for me as I’m also gluten intolerant, which was much appreciated. Delicious food at a good price. If I’m back in the area, I’ll definitely stop by again.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

We had a lovely evening meal here, I was craving some real indian food so hunted this place down as soon as awe arrived in Mombasa and it didn't dissappint!

Lovely staff and the food was perfect. They're only open until 7pm atm because of the curfew.

Date of visit: August 2020