“Italian food is great!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

The best Italian spot I believe in Mombasa!!! I had the seafood spaghetti and was great. The service is prompt and nice and the prices are just right. The owner is concerned with and comes over and asks how your food is and that's rare these days. Overall just a great relaxing place to eat

Reviewed 10 April 2017

the location is great but the staff seem to have preferred customers.

the pizzas and the lasagna are great, well cooked, you can taste the fresh herbs! but the waiters are cold, and one has to wave to get their attention especially as they all seem to hover over a few select clients.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

I went the first time to La Veranda and I wanted to taste the oysters. Unfortunately they only offer 24 pieces. I was together with my wife and as a starter 24 pieces are too much for us, so I asked the waiter if it is possible to order a half portion. After a while he got the ok from the kitchen. When it came o the bill, they only deducted KES 100.00 (from KES 1.200.00 for 24 pcs.) for the half portion. I complained and asked for the manager. The manager came but didn't agree and said it's their policy, that when somebody orders a half portion, that they will deduct only KES 100.00. I paid but this was the last time for me to eat at that place.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

The place is nice and the food was okay - but somewhat overpriced. Evening was spoiled for us by watching the Italian owner scold his staff a number of times within our earshot. I have worked in customer service and hospitality for over 20 years and a golden rule is you manage your staff discreetly - never subjecting the customer to listening to you lambasting the team working for/with you.

Additionally, the owner clearly had favourite customers which received preferential service all evening.

I do not think I will return.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

Went here for first time Jan 2017. I spend alot of time in Mombasa but had not visited La Veranda. Its located at the back of Nakumat Nyali. Easy to find and plenty of parking if you are driving. I had a great meal. Pasta with prawn and crab. Pasta was home made and the dish was very tasty. My friend had risotto which was also very good. The portion sizes were about right and left enough room for some apple strudel and ice cream. The Staff are clearly well trained, very attentive and gave good service. Highly recommended and hard to fault. We went mid week and it was full!.