Mara Sopa Lodge
Leopard Hill(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$590
US$485
Travelocity
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$633
US$403
Fairmont.com
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$177
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$392
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$205
US$176
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$368
US$221
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Restaurant
Azure Mara Haven(Masai Mara National Reserve)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot waterwalls are very thinhear everythingmain barbuffet stylelake naivasharooms are bigmasai dancingmosquito netcertain times of the daylounge areaswimming poolbush babiesthe main areaspark entrancegame drivesgame park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed for two nights, the staff are friendly and wanted to help, nothing is too much trouble. I was on my own and after the evening meal the porters were insistent that they walk me back to my suit. The food is good quality and the rooms well maintained and cleaned twice a day. When you book in your warned that the electric which is powered by a generator may go off , consequently there may not be hot water at times, I was out all day therefore it wasn’t a problem. There is no air conditioning however I didn’t find that an issue as the temperature drops in the evenings also I was on a Safari in Kenya not a beach holiday in France. My only problem with all the safari lodges was not being able to get more than one free bottle of water a day, I only drink water for medical reasons. I believe I should have been allowed one bottle for each meal considering I paid a high single supplement and everyone had access to free tea and soft drinks with their meals. A small bottle of water cost $2 if I only had three bottles per day for 10 days that was $60 virtually £60 just on water.

Room Tip: Not to far way from the reception but not to near the kitchens.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent two nights in this lodge at the beginning of our safari. Well located in the Masai Mara national park, the lodge itself is very nice and the food good. The quality of the bed is also good and the room is spacious. As in the others lodges, no air conditioned in the rooms but you are in the Kenya not in Paris. You should also see some monkeys in the lodge during your stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank guycestmoi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. It's a great lodge with good quality food. We even enjoyed the packed lunch they provided during our all-day tour in Massai Mara. The swimming pool is a great feature in the hotel where you can relax after the safari. The suits are clean and well maintained. The rooms are cleaned twice daily. During some hours there is no electricity and warm water, but they inform you at check-in and unless you want to spend all day In the hotel -which is really unlikely- you won't have any problem with that.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammad M
Sopa Lodges K, Front Office Manager at Mara Sopa Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Warm greetings from Mara Sopa Family!

Mr. Mohammad, we count it a great privilege to have had an opportunity to serve you. We always
strive to provide our best but would not know we met your expectations until you let us know. Thank
you for finding time to give us your feedback; please find time to visit us again!

Mara Sopa Team.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Nice Lodge, Beautiful ground. Excellent Food.

This Lodge is located by the Masai Mara area. It is on a large secured compound, our Tour Vehicle Have go thru two security check gates.

There are warnings for the Guests to be aware of wild animal near by and to avoid wondering off the property.

The property runs on generator electric power. The power is generally off in the mid afternoon and between midnight to 4:00am. A Flash Light is a MUST! And No A/C, just window for breeze and mosquito netting for bed. Must take shower in early evening, do not count on hot water late at night or early morning!

Getting Ice Cold Cocktails here ( generally speaking in the entire Africa continent) is a different experience. If you order Gin & Tonic - you need to buy the gin then you also have buy a bottle of tonic water. A shot of alcohol is measured exactly to 1 oz. And a double alcoholic drink comes with double price.

The Breakfast, Safari Lunch Box and Dinner come with our Lodging Package( arranged by Perfect Wilderness Tour and Safari Company of Nairobi Kenya). The food selections are excellent and delicious , and they even have a made to order Pasta station the day we were there.

The ground is beautiful and there was even a swimming pool there. I’m from Florida and definitely not in Africa to get a tan or to swim, but it looks very pretty.

Nice stay, the cottage is adequate in space and decor. The only issues are the mosquitoes! They like me but I don’t like them! And hard to sleep at night due to the heat and lack of A/C, and the mosquito netting is blocking the breeze. But this problem only happens to me, the other 3 people in our group have no complaints at all. And my husband even had to use a blanket to stay warm.

I would highly recommend this Lodge.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Sopa Lodges K, Front Office Manager at Mara Sopa Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Greetings from Mara Sopa family!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and the rest of the World.

We are delighted to note that you generally enjoyed your stay with us. We do provide flashlights in
each room; power is off only between 1am to 4 am, and 3am if you are going on balloon ride. We do
consider special cases and would have power running through the night in most occasions.

Thank you for your compliments in regard to meals; will let the team know. Our rooms are designed
to have a cool atmosphere and will make a point of informing our guests upon check in to request for
the fans in case they need.

We look forward to your next visit and sorry for the mosquitoes, we are keen on fumigation
especially during this past season when we have had long rains.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Mara Sopa Team

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Loved the location. It is a long drive across some really bumpy roads. For a different view on the roads read "Born Free" and realize that the tracks Joy was traveling are the same you are on the road to the Mara. it's a fantastic experience to know you are heading the same way.

Agree with the other reviews, it is an older property and could use some upkeep, but my room was clean, the food was good, and the service fantastic.

After watching the nightly feeding my hut was some distance from the lodge and as i started to walk out by myself, one of the staff came with me. I said he didn't need to but then he pointed out that the baboons were coming through and i did need an escort. Great experience in Africa.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo