All reviews sunworld safaris bush camp the river private wing chef joseph game drives african night tent steward location is excellent wakeup call his team before dinner african experience packed breakfast holiday of a lifetime home away from home heaven on earth
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Our stay at Mara Bush Camp was amazing and relaxing in so many ways.It is beautiful and the staff are very friendly.We had a great time staying at Masai Mara and visiting Kenya. We wish to come back soon.

Room Tip: Best view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Camp_Manager2013, Sales and Marketing at Mara Bush Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear DancomTours2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and are very happy to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This was an amazing tent camp with new and very luxurious tents. Flush toilets, running water, and a shower. The beds were wonderful and very nice to sleep on. The camp was kept very clean. The food was incredible!!! The staff were very professional, warm and friendly. I highly recommend the Mara Bush Camp to anyone traveling in the Maasai Mara region!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear mfolstad,

Thank you for your great review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our camp.

We are happy to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Mara Bush Camp is located in a very quiet and intimate place in the heart of Masai Mara National Park, a great location to enjoy the Wilderness, very near to all the most famous points of interest of the Reserve.
My tent, Lion, was great, really comfortable, with wi-fi and the chance to recharge all my items directly in the room.
Service is flawless, excellent cuisine. All the staff is very kind, willing and friendly.
Michela Consiglio is a great manager and she cares about every guest.
Unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: All the tents are beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Annamaria G

Dear Annamaria G,

Thank you very much for your great review.

We really appreciate you.

We hope to see you again at our camps soon! :)

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here in 2012 for our anniversary and again this year for another anniversary. This time we stayed in the Mara Bush Private Wing, which is simply amazing. The rooms, view, service and on and on are so worth staying here. The food is prepared by a trained chef from Nairobi (Obi) and let me tell you what..... the food is amazing!! The staff consists of Massi men that are so willing and helpful in every way possible. I aready miss Saruni, James and Martin for their constant assistance and willingness to assist us with anything we needed. The manager of this camp (Michela) does an outstanding job in making sure everything is well taken care of at all times. Michela arranged for our room to be beautifully decorated on our anniversary, provided us with a nice bottle of wine and even had a beautifully decorated cake prepared for us by Obi. I cannot say enough about this camp. It is beautiful, close to the wildlife, close to the airstrip and perfect for an impression of wild Africa, plus I made a new wonderful friend in Michela!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Where to begin. First we were a family of 5 adults. We occupied two tents, one double and a triple. Duration of stay was 3 nights and 4 days. I can speak for all of us when I say the camp was everything and more that we had hoped for. The accommodations were comfortable, clean and peaceful. Honestly there is nothing that I would change. The staff were incredible. Friendly, helpful and very accommodating. What I liked most was they were all very genuine and kind and the bartender was just down right funny. The food was delicious. Lots of variety and plenty to go around. I wish I could have eaten more but we all stuffed ourselves daily! The only night that wasn't that great and I do apologize for saying this but it was the night they showcased the local cuisine. It was okay and again speaking for all of us it was just okay. Food is of course subjective so maybe it was just our tastes that were off. The area was fantastic! We were less than 20 minutes to the airstrip which was so convenient and the wildlife was abundant. This is what I had envisioned the plains of Africa to be like. Nelson the camp manager was kind enough to show us the Private section which sits on the same side as the Hippo Pool. I had originally contemplated going to that side prior to booking. So glad I didn't. Yes the hippo pool was amazing and they had a great seating area there to relax, take a drink and view the hippos. However, in my humble opinion that side didn't seem as inviting, The accommodations were a little more upscale in deco but they were more spaced out and it gave a sense of desolation for lack of a better word. Our only 2 regrets were that we couldn't have stayed longer (we know for next time) and that we wish we could have enjoyed the common areas more in the evening but returning from a full day safari left us tired and heading to bed early every night. Lastly, we booked through Sunworld Safaris and Rebecca who assisted us was awesome. She was quick to respond to all my emails and very patient in answering all my questions. They provided the guide for our trip and I have to say Arnold was the absolute best guide we have ever had on our many trips in different parts of the world. He was well educated on the wildlife and the area, he was completely committed to making sure you saw it all. In fact the best way to put it is he treated you like a guest to his own personal backyard and was proud and really happy to be able to show you what was there.He took the responsibility of making sure you were happy very seriously. I think what also made all the difference was he is a passionate guide. He loves what he does and you can tell that he is enjoying the wildlife as much as you are. Thank you to all the staff at Mara Bush Camp, Sunworld Safaris and Arnold for making our trip there one we will never forget.

Room Tip: All tent locations are great.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family