Governor's Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$1,240
US$1,100
  • Restaurant
Little Governors' Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$1,320
US$1,145
  • Restaurant
Royal Mara Safari Lodge(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$600
US$500
  • Breakfast included
Mara River Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$451
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$792
US$621
Fairmont.com
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$573
US$490
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Olarro(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$1,370
US$1,294
Hotels.com
Amani Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$960
US$775
  • Breakfast included
Entumoto Safari Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$940
Enchoro Wildlife Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$95
US$85
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssunworld safarisbush campcentral positionthe riverprivate wingchef josephgame drivesvegetable soupsour stay extra specialafrican nighttent stewardlocation is excellentroom stewardsextra activitieswild africaexcellent cuisineexcellent team
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This camp is right by the action. Pure luxury in the jungle. 5 star service and food. neat 4 poster beds with lovely cushioning and personnel touch makes you feel like you are in a boutique hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Lovely bush atmosphere ,just like out of a book.
Hot water, linen changes , personnel butler...it was too much to ask. There is a library, a bar, photo stations to do your photo processing, power to charge your batteries , what more can we want.
Sabina the manager made our stay extra special. always there to help us and wish us luck on our safari's and there to wish us a good safari early morning and welcome us back after the safari. She was always there looking over things and made sure everything went well for the guests.

This is not a camp...its underated. this is a hotel in the Bush and you wont miss anything once you are inside it.

Room Tip: just take what ever room you get as all of them are nice
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed at Mara Bush camp for 2 nights, 3 days and went on a total of 4 game drives. We had the undivided attention of each and every staff member from the moment we landed. The tents were very clean and beds were made daily. Hot water was available for a nice hot shower after a full day of safari. Sunworld safari also paired us with some fantastic people from Germany, Nairobi and Chicago. The driver was very accommodating during the safari's since we had avid photographers with us. I would highly recommend staying at Mara Bush camp in order to get the full safari experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaf786
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Although "off season" from the big migration our time spent at Mara Bushcamp was just fabulous. Very friendly and helpful staff, luxurious and cozy tents, a great location in the bush next to the river and in the very heart of Masai Mara, great food (and even some very nice Kenyan wine, who would expect wines from Kenya) and a fabulous, knowledgable and very well organized guide/driver made our stay with Sunworld Safari and the Mara Bushcamp most memorable and exciting. We saw all "Big Five" and much more and we learnt a lot about the life of the people, wildlife and nature in and around Masai Mara ... thanks a lot! We are coming back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelkratzer
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I found the Mara Bush Camp to be wonderful.

In particular I was impressed with:

- being provided with my own private safari vehicle and driver for my whole stay
- food was excellent
- the helpful manager. I was traveling by myself and rather than feeling awkward and the odd one out the manager went out of her way to make me feel welcome (which even included sharing meals with me) This made a huge difference to the experience.
- the camp was just what I was after. Rustic and authentic but comfortable.
- the guide was great. His manner and approach were just perfect to making sure I had a relaxed and had a memorable safari.
- the visit to a local village was a real plus and I suggest people ask about this
- the driver that picked me up from the airport was excellent, helpful and easy going
- i thought that whole package was great value for money

The one issue I have was the airport transfers organised by Sunworld Safaris (I flew to the Bush Camp). At $60 they are just too expensive compared to a cab fare. On my return I simply tried to get in a cab from the airport but had to put up with taxi drivers physically fighting in front of me and having different drivers pulling at my bag to compete for my fare. If the transfer was a little bit cheaper then I would have opted for it which would have made the whole package end on a better note.

Room Tip: I stayed in the managers tent as all the others were booked out. This tent was smaller and not as pretty as the others but it had the best river view location and was cheaper and perfectly fine.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank DiliExplorer
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Mara Bush camp was the best place for us. Simple but very comfortable, we can see the touch of a true interior designer ... a lovely place and very well situated. As they select the best for us, the food was excellent. A place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple