“tasty and healthy food”

Majlis Restaurant Lamu
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Lamu Island
Price range: US$24 - US$118
Description: The Majlis restaurant is located in the Ras Kitau Bay, Manda island, 5 minutes boat-ride from Shella village and 10 min. From Lamu. The restaurant's cuisine includes international, Italian (pasta, pizza from wooden-oven, home-made ice-cream)and Japanese dishes (sushi, sashimi, tempura). There are also a pool bar for the day and a terrace bar to enjoy the sunset before dinner.
Reviewed 7 January 2016

We loved the food at Majlis restaurant, the menu has a good amount of variety to choose from and the seafood is brought in fresh every day. the italian pasta dishes and pizzas are extremely tasty and everything is cooked so healthy and light that even after a weeks of eating three course lunches and dinners you come back feeling great and fit.
The restaurant is set on the first floor together with a lovely bar with great views overlooking Shela island and the sea. the perfect spot for sound owners and a romantic dinner.

2  Thank DaliahVlach

Reviewed 5 January 2016

While the location is beautiful and the property is well designed with a taste of Muslim and Italian architecture, the food is lacking the attention that it needs for a property like this.

i was lucky with my order but my folks and wife were quite disappointed, in particular when ordering red meat, such as lamb chops or pepper steak which were either quite hard to chew or were full of fat.

I had ordered Swahili lentil curry (spicy), Veg curry spicy and on the third day Grilled Red snapper with lemon dressing and i should say that all three dishes were made to my taste. Lucky enough i did not order any red meat.

The Chocolate Fondant was excellent but the brownie with whipped cream was disappointing because instead of the brownie, I was served a normal chocolate cake.

My advise is to check with the Chef before you place your order.

Masood Kheraluwala
DAR GUIDE magazine

Reviewed 4 January 2016

I spent Christmas and New Year at The Majlis and I curios to try their chef Kenneth who has been trained by first the famous Italian chef Luigi Frascella who worked in London at Zuma and recently from Mohsine Korich a two star Michelin chef now working in Nairobi at the Fairview Hotel.
Well, the results are there simple amazing. The food served is always fresh and notting is frozen.....The ginger crab and the tuna tartare were my favorite together with the chocolate fondant....

1  Thank Stefano M
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

I went for the first time at dezember with some friends. And I have to say they know how to cook making all guest happy.
After that and every time I went Lamu, I had to stop there for a snake.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

We ate almost exclusively at the Majlis during our visit to Lamu. The Majlis is by far the best restaurant on the island. If you a seafood lover (which my wife is) or Steak in my case, the chef will delight you.