All reviews soko restaurant thai restaurant devarana spa office park rooms are spacious rain shower amazing hotel room service modern hotel checking out business trip breakfast buffet is business hotel dusitd2 gym meeting security
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

So I have a mixed review of this hotel.

Rooms
- great size, generally clean, however more attention should be placed on the shower cleanliness but even here issues were minor

Restaurant General - soko
Breakfast is great, mushroom super yum, staff courteous However they should consider a coffee machine as plunger does not always deliver required strength.

Dinner is lacking. Went twice in the 5 days and 2 times too many. Managers are great, waiters 50%, kitchen/chef 20% . I ordered the twice cooked pork belly the first night which is supposed to be a signature dish, it was awful. Came soft and flabby event though menu said crispy. Sent it back and it came back dry and tasteless. I went a second night skipped a day for the Thai which was awesome will give details below. On my second visit because they got their signature dish so wrong I decided to go simple and get a beef burger and even that did not come with all ingredients listed. I had to complain and the manager assisted and eventually I got what I wanted.

Thai at Soi was great. It actually feels like 2 different hotels/ restaurant groups. Thai is professional from beginning to end which is probably why they are always fully booked as opposed the soko. The grilled seafood in banana leaves was great as well as the green papaya salad.

The zing lounge and bar is clearly a hit or miss. Management is great but it does not filter into wait staff. First night I ordered 1 glass of wine and waiter tried to bill me for 2. Second night I ordered with a waiter and 15 minutes later I did not have my drink even though the bar was basically empty, I had to go to the barman and order it myself. They have live music on Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday is a full band, they are awesome, responsive to the crowd and interact a lot. On a Friday there is only one dj who only likes house and can't deal with anything else. His focus is enjoying his own house music even if the patrons clearly don't likes it. Management again tried to help but dj was set on what he wanted.

Overall staff is friendly and helpful, check in quick. Internet can be slow but is always up and running.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
MMetaxas, General Manager at DusitD2 Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review during your stay at dusitD2 hotel.

We have taken note of the issues raised in your review during your stay at the hotel. These issues will be addressed by the concerned managers to the team. We are glad however that you enjoyed the rooms and overall the staff you found to be friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to recover the experience you had as guest satisfaction is our primary concern.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

Luxury Business hotel - Means Pricey when compared to other hotels in Westlands. But excellent service and very good thai restaurant. Rooftop pool is very nice.
Apart from the price everything is fantastic. I think should be about 50$ cheaper from the current rates.

Room Tip: Was Provided with a room with a huge balcony. Perfect to enjoy the weather in Nairobi. It have an urban look and feel in the surroundings. I checked out a room without a balcony even that one is very nice, with an added corridor and a special nest with the sofas .
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on your recent stay at dusitD2 hotel, Kenya.

From your comment we noted that you found our pricing different from others hotels in the same area. I would like to assure you that we often perform a comparison both in our room rates and Food and Beverage prices with other hotel establishments in order to remain competitive, thus the prices of the hotel were defined on both competition and for the same quality products and services offered. However, I am glad you experienced excellent service at our Soi restaurant.

We look forward to your return visit to dusitD2 hotel and assure you of continuous excellent service as guest satisfaction is our primary concern.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Great hotel, had a great weekend. My room was awesome, very well lit and airy. Staff members are simply Delightful.
My only complaint was with fruit juice, it tasted off, like the fruit was partly bad when they squeezed it, that put a dent on my perfect weekend.
I would recommend Dusit to anyone visiting Nairobi.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
MMetaxas, General Manager at DusitD2 Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from dusitD2 hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.

Thank you for submitting your review following your stay at the hotel on Trip advisor. We appreciate the positive review submitted and promise to always deliver an experience that enlivens your spirit.

On the issue raised the Director of F&B has addressed to the associates to always check on the quality of fresh juice served to ensure it is very fresh before serving guests.

We appreciate the feedback and assure you of a more memorable stay on your next visit to dusitD2 hotel, Kenya.

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed there for 5 days. It is a clean and nice place. Staff are very welcoming and always smiling. Room service is great.

There are not too many places one can visit around the hotel.

They serve tasty food. Not too many varieties there. However, during dinner, sometimes it is crowded and service takes longer.

I have not tried any other hotels in Nairobi however I would go there again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear valued guest,

Greetings from dusitD2 hotel Nairobi, Kenya.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your stay with us on Trip advisor. We appreciate the positive feedback submitted for the rooms, food, service and staff. However, the Executive Chef will look into the variety of food served to ensure we have more variety. Concerning the service, the Director of F&B has embarked on refresher course to the staff to ensure the five star service is maintained.

We look forward to your return visit to ensure you have a more memorable time at dusitD2 hotel as guest satisfaction is our primary concern.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

I've stayed in many of the standard Nairobi hotels over the years and tried this one because my usual choice Fairview was full. Was very happy with my 10 day stay. Hotel is new clean and modern and my room was laid out well with good desk sitting area and large nice bathroom. Internet worked well the whole time. Good gym with new equipment. Restaurants and room service were good though they could use a little more variety across the different spaces- food seemed very similar across the different restaurants. Hotel feels a bit more secure as it is tucked among office buildings and all floors must be accessed with a key card from the elevator. The only reason I didn't give five stars is the lack of any green space and the pool is not within the hotel complex and seemed to be a hangout spot for trendy Nairobi hangout and people were smoking hookahs by the pool while I was swimming laps. Very good stay and I will add it to my Nairobi hotel list and take Serena off my list.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
MMetaxas, General Manager at DusitD2 Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you to have taken your precious time to post your feedback and experience on your recent stay at dusitD2 hotel, Kenya.

According to the review received, you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and also sampled some of the services we offer finding them good as well. The location was also secure to you as the hotel is located in a business block. However, the pool location you felt was a disadvantage as it is located outside the hotel grounds and there was not enough greenery. Hotel guests get to enjoy the pool though we also allow customers from outsid to come spend their time at the Rouge deck pool area. On behalf of the team at dusitD2 hotel, Kenya we do promise to continually offer a memorable experience as it is feedback such as yours that encourages our associates to move a notch higher, to ensure we remain the best in the Asian hospitality industry in Kenya.

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and it is a pleasure to learn that your stay with us was memorable. We thank you for your kind comments and eagerly await your return visit to the hotel.