“Relaxing green place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jungle Junction Campsite
Ranked #17 of 236 Speciality Lodging in Nairobi
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Nice green lawn for tents or overlanding vehicles. Camping 800 ksh pppn. Also rooms and dorm available. Warm showers, fast internet, good kitchen, laundry service. Also kitchen for cooking own food available as well as common room. Workshop for vehicles on site. Owner friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Loads of people we met told us this is a must, we did but don't understand why it was a must.

Don't use their shuttle even though they warn you off dodgy taxis that'll rip you off - use Uber, same as anywhere else in the world. Half the price and safe!

Food was pretty pricey and there wasn't convenient facilities to do your own cooking, not really overlander friendly in my view. But convenient to get the kitchen business.

Hated the fact that they had a dog that was barely able to stand yet they weren't prepared to do the right thing and put it out of its misery. Rather left to suffer - wouldn't happen in Germany!

Security seemed ok. Guess its convenient for storing your overlander if required.

Workshop - never used it as we didn't hear good feedback from 3 others that had been camped there for the previous week(s) getting their vehicles serviced there.

Not enough toilets / bathrooms! Wouldn't visit JJ in the busy season.

I get the impression that when JJ was small and developing it had a more involved owner. Now its just a cash cow riding its reputation.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017

To start with, it's home away from home. This is also the feeling the family who is running the place are trying to give their guests. And for myself, it got this feeling from the beginning. I arrived very exhausted and tired from a long ride , and I straight away felt home here. This place has a large comfortable living-room where you can relax, eat and socialize and if you have to get some work done, they have amazing wifi (this was the best wifi I had since I left South-Africa). Additionally, they also keep their camping / dorm prices very affordable.

The other and very important thing for overlanders is, that this place has a massive workshop where one of the owners (Chris), and his team can do all kinds of maintenance for Motorbikes, Cars and 4 by 4 drives. Also if you want to store your motorbike / 4 by 4 vehicle their, it is all possible! And they got my motorbike fixed and tuned up in no-time! And I also was allowed to watch one of the staff who was working on my motorbike to learn new things! So awesome!

But in the end, it's the people who make the place, and that is why I will 100% come back here!

If will have a family like Chris and his wife one day, than I know I made the right decisions in life.

Keep on going my role models! And hope to see you soon again!

Room Tip: I camped and slept in the dorm, both were very good experiences!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2016

We discovered JJ on the internet because we needed a place to leave our car in Nairobi some time; and to repair some things which got broken along the (dirt) roads od southern Africa. JJ does not have a website and we could find a email address; so we just showed up. JJ appeared to be the perfect place for this: It is at the same time a modern lodge with perfectly clean rooms in a beautifull garden; a relaxed and spacey campsite and a professional and professional and trustworthy garage. If you ask for it they will even cook for you - the BBQ prepared by Chris and Diana was the best we had on out journey! And best of all was that Chris and his garage team can also do maintenance and repairs while our car is waiting to be picked up again - a perfect solution for us. Glad we found our way to JJ!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2016

really nice atmosphere , friendly crew , in the workshop they helped me to get my xt600 tenere repaired ,with spare parts,knowledge and advice , the repairs where so good i made it all the way to Alexandrie where we shipped our bikes back home

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends