US$180
  • Breakfast included
US$95
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

US$280
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
1,199 results
All reviewstatu restaurantlord delamere terracecin cin barold world charmcolonial eraan oasisheated poolgift shopbeautiful hotelbusy citybreakfast buffet ismasai maraeast africabusiness tripdowntown nairobirooms are spaciouselephant orphanage
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Nairobi can be daunting for the visitor even the business visitor. Fairmont The Norfolk exudes calm and this together the seemingly effortless attention to detail ensured that this part my business stay was outstanding

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Moshi P, General Manager at Fairmont The Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear Richard B,
Thank you for posting a review on Fairmont The Norfolk
The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed and appreciated the services and facilities in “our calm oasis in the middle of a busy city”.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

The grounds of the Norfolk are really beautiful. There is a huge courtyard which the rooms look over. Only spent a night, so didn't really get to explore the hotel much, and breakfast wasn't included in my rate.

The room was REALLY nice. Very well appointed, and they had a delicious fruit basket for me on arrival.

My only gripe is that they charge for Internet. You can sign up for free for the Fairmont points scheme, and then you get free internet. Still a pain though!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Moshi P, General Manager at Fairmont The Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Nikhil_Advani,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Fairmont The Norfolk.
The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your brief stay; especially the gardens, your room and the fruit amenity.
We note your comment regarding the internet and assure you that now that you joined our Fairmont Presidents Club, you will access the free internet with ease. Our agents are also available to assist upon request.
We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2016

I have always wished to sleep in the The Norfolk and I did! This hotel reminds you that Kenya was a British colony which is not a bad thing because your past is your past, however, much you wish it away.

The problem with the hotel is when you get treated like all blacks were treated in the 1950s. That is the feeling I got at the reception when mzungu's came to the reception and cut in as I was speaking to the receptionist, receiving all the attention. When I tried, I was told "wait a minute please' with cold courtesy.

I noted that while I had to take my luggage through luggage screening every time I returned to the hotel, the mzungu's had it done for them.

The rooms are large and the bed is excellent with good furniture taking one back to colonial times and traditions. The bed was large and mattress really good. There was a large bathroom but very tiny shower cubicle. The carpets need replacement; mine had stains.

The pictures along the corridors are a very nice collection of history, similarly the artifacts in the gardens.

The food was lovely and I absolutely loved the salad bar in the evenings. The service in the restaurant was very good and cheery, no partisan treatment at all :-)

As for the heated swimming pool, that should have made my stay, if only the ladies at the reception had treated me in a non partisan, non condescending way.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden and not on the ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Dear Abiria,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Fairmont The Norfolk to fulfill a long standing wish to stay with us and for taking the time to review your stay at our property.
We are delighted to note that you enjoyed the charm and heritage of the history retained within the property. However, I was concerned to note your comments on the manner in which you were welcomed. Please do accept our most sincere apologies for this. Rest assured that this is something we are very sensitive to and always treat all of our clients with equal importance. We assure you that this in keeping with our expectations and we have spoken to all concerned.
We would welcome an opportunity for us to restore your faith in us and experience the level of service we are accustomed to.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Amazing property with pristine rooms and good choice in F&B.

From a service perspective was truly 5 star with good attention to detail. Had a few issues during c/o with the billings but a small thing which did not effect our overall stay...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Amit01,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Fairmont The Norfolk.
My team and I appreciate your feedback and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and especially the service and F&B offerings. We apologize that the billing was not smooth and will ensure to improve on this.
We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

We arrived at 9 pm and booked the meet and greet - loved this service as picked us up on the tarmak and drove to customs - cleared through "special " line and off to the hotel. Surprised by security as it is quite high but also comforted by this.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Lenore V,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Fairmont The Norfolk and for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted that you were happy with the service during your stay and especially the airport transfer and the security. The team and I aim to surpass our guests' expectations and nothing encourages us more than a confirmation that we are meeting this goal through comments such as yours.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Nairobi!