See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Don't be put off by the location - although it appears to be in the middle of a 'strange' area, this is a super place to stay if you are on a budget, but still want the luxury of a decent room, en-site facilities, food and WiFi. A short walk across Langata Road is a modern shopping complex, and Carnivores Restaurant is a short walk away.

Room Tip: Worth paying the little bit extra for their best rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2014 via mobile

Been here several times for weekend one night visits.
Rooms are average good and clean.
Had an issue with the shower once and they fixed it immediately I reported.
Some rooms a bit small depending on your choice rather depending on your budget.
Breakfast is ok, can do better.
Management needs to improve on the professionalism of their establishment.
Wifi is ok, you need to get the password at the reception.
Security is good.
Left my cologne in the room one time and called them later in the day to inquire, to my surprise it had been found and was kept safely. This is a very positive thing indeed that you don't find in many establishments.
Overall, with a bit of professional approach, could be a better place.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2014

We check in at almost 1am then the lady at the reception agrees for an extension till 11. We wake up try our best we were there at 10:30. Then there is no breakfast. And the PR OMG plus the showers are terrible.

• Stayed: November 2014
Jupiter00, Manager at Jupiter Guest Resort Langata, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Dear Kay - Didi

We regret that you found your stay with us terrible. We also apologize for the shower problem that you bring to notice, had you raised the complain during your stay to our front desk that is open 24hrs we would have it checked and rectified.

In the reception area, above the check in desk we have a clear big hung notice that says check out time is at 10.00 o'clock.

The reason you found the breakfast area closed is, it was past serving time.
During check in clients are given a briefing that includes, breakfast is served from 6.00am to 10.00 am at the breakfast area or by room service.

In event time is not kept the breakfast buffet is cleared paving way for cleaning and preparing for Lunch.

We regret that your stay was below your expectation especially concerning the breakfast.

Reviewed 7 September 2014

Was travelling on a budget and had a pleasant stay at Jupiter which is well located; close to the Carnivore, the Nairobi National Park, the airport, Giraffe Centre, Mamba village (crocodile farm)...to name but a few.
In a nutshell, so many places to visit nearby both for adults and children.

The rooms are very clean and neat! We always came back to a welcoming room.

Free Wi-fi; excellent connection especially at the restaurant and bar area. You may want to ask the management to book you in a room with the best connection though.

Great staff! Very friendly and helpful at all times. Talk to the manager, a nice and warm lady, who made sure that those little details were taken care of to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Good security and generator back up in the event of black-outs.

We stayed at Jupiter for 2 weeks !!! And, understandably, we'll definately check in again on our next visit to Nairobi!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a better Wi-fi connection than others. Simply ask at the reception.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed at Jupiter twice - once for one night on 15th March 2014 and second time for three nights from 21st - 24th March 2014. First time I reached very late in the night from India, however the chef was gracious to offer me a chicken sandwich with a drink for dinner. The hospitality was appreciated.

Since I did not select the hotel, I was not expecting a very small and cramped room. I was booked in a standard single room, but I guess that is norm there. So if you book a similar room, expect a bed occupying almost 75% of the room, a huge mosquito net, TV screen peering from behind the mosquito net and a small rack and table occupying 15% of the room and remaining 10% is required for the door to open. You may use this space to place your chair if you do not wish to sit on the bed. The room does not have a table where you can place your laptop to work. The bed is the only alternate.

The bathroom is nice. The overhead instant geysers for hot water are what I found as the de-facto standard in budget hotels in Kenya. The room was clean. Every hotel in Kenya will give you a slipper for using in the bathroom, which was new to me. But it was good.

The TV does not have too many channels and being a foreigner to the country, I could not relate to most of the channels except the sports channel.

The food in the restaurant was good and tasty. If you could request the chef you may be able to get the meal adjusted to your taste. But if you really like to get a feel of the local cuisine, the food is just right for it.

In case you are an Indian and prefer Indian food, there are a couple of very good places near this hotel. There are some shopping malls within walking distance of this hotel. There is the MP Shah hospital which offers excellent vegetarian Indian buffet lunch for a manageable price of 700 KSH and it is very close to the Jupiter hotel.

The breakfast spread is very limited and extremely standard - bread, butter eggs and cereal. One flavor or juice or tea and coffee. I am sure this could be better.

Also another suggestion is that you can get simple things like toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary napkins and prepaid phone recharge coupons at the hotel. They will even give you a bill for it!!

Overall I think this a decent place for business travel and for short stays. Long stays could become boring since the hotel does not have open spaces or ground or even a lounge to spend time outside of your room.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the newer block - where the standard room is bigger, but you may have to pay 500 Ksh more for it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business