“Hotel Still Under going Renovations”
Review of Hillpark Hotel

Hillpark Hotel
Ranked #23 of 230 Speciality Lodging in Nairobi
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I have stayed at this hotel twice now in the last one month. Hotel is still undergoing renovations, thus not very fully clean as we all wish it should be. The front office staff are very helpful and reassuring. Very friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant is average.

Room Tip: Most rooms have living room for easy of wathcing TV
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
HillparkHotels, Digital Marketer at Hillpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Guest,

We are happy to read your now a frequent guest at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback will be used to fine tune our operations, especially as we are soon opening a new reception and lounge area.

We look forward to having you stay at our Hotel again.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Nairobi is a tough place to visit and mainly just a convenient stop off rather than a destination. Hillpark Hotel is being renovated but it already ticks all the boxes for me:
Friendly and helpful staff who all speak and understand English
Very comfy rooms
Bathtub in my room (much needed treat!)
Excellent location- not too near the noisy and crowded centre but near enough for convenience
30 mins from JMO Airport when no traffic, 45-60 mins in traffic
Nice restaurant- but it is very expensive, other options and a Nakumatt nearby
Gym and sauna both very good (even the extremely posh hotels in Nairobi usually have very run down/shabby gyms and saunas).
Kettle and fridge in room- again a real treat
Very reasonable rates available online

In summary, I'd stay again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5 stars and taking the time to write a review.

We are happy to read you've enjoyed your stay with us. Renovation work is winding down, we'll soon have open our ultra modern reception and lounge areas. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in process of being renovated. A bit noisy and 'deurmekaar', but the new rooms are nice and clean. Food was average but still good. Booking in was cumbersome.

Staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
HillparkHotels, Digital Marketer at Hillpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are happy to read you enjoyed your service with us and look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

A highly classic ,beautiful and cool destination for any travellers, family , business etc . You got to visit this place not the Nairobi you hear of noise pollution and traffic while here you wouldn't think of that..

Rooms were so nice I couldn't feel like waking up I wish I had stayed there for another couple of days , friendly staff , very professional and always at your service...won't forget to mention MAGGY the waiter superb response ,quick and on time keep up with the good work Maggy.

On our check in we were welcomed by a smile by the receptionist whom I can't remember her name ( brown lady)...only that made us feel at home great service from her....

Will definatlly come back on my next visit to Nairobi.

Keep up with the standards....receive my Hi5.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star rating. Thank you for your kind words.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay longer with us soon. We've gotten your hi5 :). Asante.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

I found the hotel through this very site, trip advisor.

The hotel is conveniently located on Upper Hill Road and in the CBD which was a bonus since I was attending a conference in the neighborhood.

The staff were really friendly and nice and quite helpful with whatever I wanted. The rooms were pleasantly nice although quite cold and the beddings were very thin which meant that it was quite cold in the night. However, I was able to get another duvet from reception when I requested for one.

Tina, the marketer was extremely pleasant and nice and even came to check up on us at the hotel to ensure that we settled in well. The gym was nice and i enjoyed the aerobics and spinning classes at the gym. The gym instructors were also pretty polite and helpful.

The only 2 downsides to the hotel are that I particularly did not like the breakfast as there was very little variety and it was hard for me to understand how one can eat baked/boiled sweet potatoes for breakfast! The omelettes were also not well done for the duration of my stay there. The other downside was that once I got back home, I analyzed my bill and discovered that I had been charged for a meal that I did not eat!!

Other that those few hitches, my stay was generally quite good and I would recommend it for anyone who wants convenience at a fair price.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main road are quieter as the music from the gym on the upper side can be irrita...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad to read your stay was more than enjoyable. Your feedback will be used to fine tune our operations.

I have gone over your bill and was not able to find the double charge, however upon your next stay with us, I'd like to invite you to go over it with me, once the double charge is identified I'll be more than happy to offer you a meal on us.

Looking forward to having you stay with soon.

Tina