See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The place is not as close as it says on their website. Very difficult to find as is somewhere on the middle of nowhere :). We got lost twice as GPS couldn't track the location. The resort was closed for renovation therefore we went straight to the farm. The total time you can spend there is max 1 hour (which i was disappointed after driving from Nairobi for a good hour). The price is standard for everyone 300KES entry and Ostrich ride 500 KES.
The farm is small but nice. The tour guide takes you around and answers all the questions you have. The highlight of the day was the ride. My daughter enjoyed a lot
I was disappointed once again when they told me that the restaurant also closed as i was planning to have lunch there.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2017

The resort was shut down for renovation but the Farm was open. For 500ksh we were able to ride the ostrich and for 300ksh we were able to see the farm grounds and see the ostriches at the different stages in life and even feed them. A great experience although animal lovers might not be too happy with riding of ostriches.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I've always dreamed of riding an ostrich and seeing them up close! The Maasai OStrich Resort is a bit off the beaten path (about a 45 min drive from the city). But it is SO WORTH the visit!! For ~$5 USD, you can ride an ostrich or take a tour of the farms. I learned so much about the birds and it was fun and educational.

When I went, they were upgrading the resort, so I'm sure it will be even better in future! Honestly my #1 favourite thing to do in Nairobi.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2016

The Ostrich farm is so far from Nairobi 30 Km it took 3 hours although it's ok but we stayed only 20 mins in the farm (Tour+Riding the ostrich), it's nothing special the ride was just 30 sec for 500 Ksh which was not a good deal for me and the tour was 15 mins and there was no ostrich meat because it's the matting season.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Youssef O
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

It is around 1.00-1.5 hours drive from Nairobi. They only breed Ostriches- we were allowed to hold an egg and feed the young ones- up to 7 months old, as it is a mating/ breeding season for them, the older ones are quite aggressive. None the less, we were able to take really good pictures of the birds. The guide was very knowledgable and friendly, we were told quite a few facts about these magnificent birds.
The farm allows to ride ostriches, unfortunately we arrived quite late- at around 3 pm, we were not able to experience that. This is something to bear in mind, should you wish to visit the place

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family