See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

It is a good experience to taste ostrich meat, they do in several ways but even when we try the grill one the taste is nice.

We buy the meat in a kilogram (quarter, half kg) and they cook in the way we want.

While you wait for your meal, you can ride the ostrich.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

We were looking for an unusual activity and found this place where you can dine out under an umbrella in the lovely garden, swim in the pool, take a farm tour or even ride an ostrich! It was a fantastic day trip for us but we toured the hotel and would definitely recommend staying there when you want to get away from noisy Nairobi. You have expansive views of the ostrich fields.
The ride there should be done in a vehicle that can handle a rugged road. It was very dusty and bumpy. We drove past zebra herds and Maasai women.
Be sure to eat ostrich while you visit. We had the kebabs and found them delicious! The vegetables are grown on the farm. My son enjoyed chasing cats and feeding ostrich on the tour. We learned so much from the guide.
Riding an ostrich was a bit terrifying but fun. Two men ran beside me. It is strange to balance- you have to wrap your legs around the breast. Don't miss this wonderful place!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2015

Spent a weekend lunch at the farm. Its a good family day out place with ostrich riding, horse riding, kids play area and a swimming pool. Not a long drive from Nairobi. The farm is a good place for a get away from the hassle of the city life.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank murad9
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Although the hotel isn't the best in terms of cleanliness .i like the service they provide. The staff are friendly and they do not expect tips since it's in Africa. I hope to stay there when I visit again

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Livingout
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I visited the ostrich farm on a lazy weekend with the express aim of riding an ostrich for the first time in my life. The first time I went there i was scared of riding the ostrich which is why I was now determined to pull it off. The establishment is in an old colonial style house. The drive there is long but the road is in good condition. The distance makes it a lovely getaway because there is very little outside distraction.

I got there at lunch time and was lucky to find the place not very busy. The reception guys were very helpful and they even agreed to move me to a different room after they showed me a much bigger room which I instantly liked. I was lucky that the weekend was not very busy. The bathroom (quite large) has a bathtub (a bonus) and the hot water is reliable.

I had a platter dish with various meats with ostrich meat being the highlight. I had forgotten how it tastes. Dinner was equally good but generally plain so the highlight was actually the different types of meat available, which I really enjoyed.

There was not much for me to do at the place so I ended up chatting with other guests in the evening. There is a swimming pool that is well kept. Good for those hot afternoons that Kajiado tends to have. They also had a bbq on Sunday and events for kids such as facepainting.

The next morning we went on a tour of the farm during which we learnt a lot about rearing of ostriches. At the end of the tour, the ostriches that we were to ride were brought to the riding area.

The ostrich riding is quite safe because there are two guides who help the visitor sit on the bird without falling off and then they guide the bird around the area. If you are brave enough, they make it run.

I enjoyed the stay and relaxed quite a bit. Definitely worth another visit.

Room Tip: The rooms inside the house are much warmer than the tents.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo